Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a history of making do with the squad and it’s not served us too badly. However, we are prone to injury crisis especially in defence and it could have cost us last season.

It’s always a risk but effectively we’re going in one lighter (2 if you include another FB) in a weird year with WC.

I’m hopeful we get it over the line

Yes, Bajkowski has written about that yesterday.
A: Cucurella
B: Focus on Sosa and the other alternatives
C: Sign nobody :(

Plan C is actually to still sign someone after the season has started but before the window closes.

Its still a really stupid plan as the nearer the first of September is the more desperate you become and the higher the price.

Pep has already had pre season without 4 players turning up. Going into the season having not tried an orthodox left back in his team (other than the marvellous but very young Esbrand) is really bad considering how well we are run. I’d like to see one season where Pep wasn’t having to start it with a make do and mend built into the team. Imagine what he could do then!

I would hope City put in a best and final offer for Cucu and, if it’s not accepted by a certain date, make an offer elsewhere. I also hope that offer is made this week.

Plan C is actually to still sign someone after the season has started but before the window closes.

Its still a really stupid plan as the nearer the first of September is the more desperate you become and the higher the price.

Pep has already had pre season without 4 players turning up. Going into the season having not tried an orthodox left back in his team (other than the marvellous but very young Esbrand) is really bad considering how well we are run. I’d like to see one season where Pep wasn’t having to start it with a make do and mend built into the team. Imagine what he could do then!

I would hope City put in a best and final offer for Cucu and, if it’s not accepted by a certain date, make an offer elsewhere.
We'll certainly find out how good the lad is on Saturday if he's up against Salah, a good test for him

I would hope City put in a best and final offer for Cucu and, if it’s not accepted by a certain date, make an offer elsewhere. I also hope that offer is made this week.
I agree. Definitely. We desperately need to sign at least one player before the window closes.

Maybe we could offer Potter one of DeLap or McAtee for a season and £30m for Cucurella , wouldnt have any issue wth one of our youngsters playing under Potter , he plays football the right way very similar to our game.
No chance we sell either but a season at the sharp end in the Premier league would be a huge benefit to them and we get a left full back that actually plays left full back , his natural position.
city will be asking if potter will be there for the season

I have a gut feeling that City's board could wait till January to sign Cucurella, because Brighton would lower the price and because of the big World Cup gap. I know it's unlikely, but maybe it's a possibility to sign Cucurella. I'm afraid it's Cucurella or nobody from Pep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.