Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
City is completely right in terms of their valuation. We have signed Mendy as the most expensive left-back ever for over 50M£ and it was a complete disaster. The next is Ben Chillwell who was signed by Chelsea for slightly above 50m€ and in that time he was 10 x player than Cucurella is. Brighton is overvaluing Cucurella for about 10-15m£ and they are completely deluded with their valuation, but unfortunately they have the right to behave like that, good for them. We are right that if the potential buyer would be Spurs or Chelsea they would sell him for 35-40M£, it's City's tax because we have paid big money for fullback in the past. He is not the best left-back in the world, for me he is not even in top10 left-backs in the world and he probably will never achieve the level of Davies, Theo Hernandez, Robertson, Alba, even Chillwell. For that kind of money you are buying a cyborg, machine and Kyle Walker has proved that. For me Cucurella is 35-40M£ at his best and still I would have an impression that he would be a little bit overpriced. The real concert is his contract till 2026, lack of powerful agent and probably lack of release clause too ;) Everyone knows that paying 50M£ and breaking the record for Mister Cucurella is a complete madness.
While I'll agree 50 mil appears to be a bit too much I think your opinion of Cucurella is much too weighted on the negative side,,,how can you say he won't even be as good as Chilwell...when was Chillwell ever10x the player of anyone let alone this kid...while you're at it, if you're going to say he's not top 10 you could maybe share who you believe those 10 to be...it could shed some light into your criteria...I'm not saying Cucurella is, but you can't possibly know his ceiling...Are you going to tell me Robertson was a top 10 left back 5 years ago? BTW, Theo can't cover me...the last thing we need is another one way back who treats defending as an afterthought...just saying...

While I'll agree 50 mil appears to be a bit too much I think your opinion of Cucurella is much too weighted on the negative side,,,how can you say he won't even be as good as Chilwell...when was Chillwell ever10x the player of anyone let alone this kid...while you're at it, if you're going to say he's not top 10 you could maybe share who you believe those 10 to be...it could shed some light into your criteria...I'm not saying Cucurella is, but you can't possibly know his ceiling...Are you going to tell me Robertson was a top 10 left back 5 years ago? BTW, Theo can't cover me...the last thing we need is another one way back who treats defending as an afterthought...just saying...
I don't see in him any spectacular features to make him the most expensive left-back in the world :) If he is 50M£ left-back, he has to prove it, City doesn't want to pay it, because he would be the best fit at the moment, but to pay 50M£ you have to prove that. He is a very good player, but is he 50M£ atm and we are sure on 100% that he become that kind of player? No. It's overpaying. 50M£ is like paying for the starting eleven players and the price would make him an automatic starter? I would expect some world-class features in some guys and I'm not sure Cucurella has the potential of being world-class player. If City would be 100% sure that he is 50m£ player or even higher, trust me, they would have paid that kind of money many weeks ago. The market of left-backs is very difficult and you don't have so many possibilities right now to improve this position.

Last edited:
I don't see in him any spectacular features to make him the most expensive left-back in the world :) If he is 50M£ left-back, he has to prove it, City doesn't want to pay it, because he would be the best fit at the moment, but to pay 50M£ you have to prove that. He is a very good player, but is he 50M£ atm and we are sure on 100% that he become that kind of player? No. It's overpaying. 50M£ is like paying for the starting eleven players and the price would make him an automatic starter? I would expect some world-class features in some guys and I'm not sure Cucurella has the potential of being world-class player. If City would be 100% sure that he is 50m£ player or even higher, trust me, they would have paid that kind of money many weeks ago. The market of left-backs is very difficult and you don't have so many possibilities right now to improve this position.
I concur that 50 mil is too much...I'm saying we can afford to go to 40 all things considered...as you say, the options are limited...he's one of those guys who won't be the star but does everything well and consistently...great work rate, good technically, good passer, very solid carrying off the dribble, gets stuck in one on one, tracks back, very good delivering crosses...and by all accounts a good guy, very important...40 mil might even be a shade high, but I would bet on this kid and anything over 40 would have to be in add ons strictly based on results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.