Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur that 50 mil is too much...I'm saying we can afford to go to 40 all things considered...as you say, the options are limited...he's one of those guys who won't be the star but does everything well and consistently...great work rate, good technically, good passer, very solid carrying off the dribble, gets stuck in one on one, tracks back, very good delivering crosses...and by all accounts a good guy, very important...40 mil might even be a shade high, but I would bet on this kid and anything over 40 would have to be in add ons strictly based on results...
The last bid went on Monday as per TH. It's been all too quiet since. Reckon this bid will be accepted of 40 mil plus add ons.

Brighton would get 3x the amount they invested lol

Why? How would that help our transfer business? Maybe it is better for us if other clubs/agents think we are still negotiating with Brighton and are weighing up our options. Why should they know we've moved on?
Fully agree.

Many scenarios are possible even likely when conclusion one way or the other is the outcome.
Bloom has indicated his supposedly non negotiable outcome so unlike poker we are free to see if a better player and or deal may be found elsewhere yet still have Blooms game pending.

Plenty of time yet before
this window closes.
Just an opinion.

City will not pay £50 Million for Cucurella and Brighton will not budge on their valuation, this deal is not happening this summer folks.

We have 3 full backs and Ake can play LB so We may not even sign an alternative LB.

I don't see in him any spectacular features to make him the most expensive left-back in the world :) If he is 50M£ left-back, he has to prove it, City doesn't want to pay it, because he would be the best fit at the moment, but to pay 50M£ you have to prove that. He is a very good player, but is he 50M£ atm and we are sure on 100% that he become that kind of player? No. It's overpaying. 50M£ is like paying for the starting eleven players and the price would make him an automatic starter? I would expect some world-class features in some guys and I'm not sure Cucurella has the potential of being world-class player. If City would be 100% sure that he is 50m£ player or even higher, trust me, they would have paid that kind of money many weeks ago. The market of left-backs is very difficult and you don't have so many possibilities right now to improve this position.
Where are you from?

I ask as putting the £ sign after the 50M is a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.