Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have the greatest manager, I 100% feel that way...but that doesn't mean we can't put out some food for thought especially when its basically in reference to a reality...that reality is we have for one reason or another underachieved in the CL...when you are considered the odds on favorite 4 or 5 years running and fail to win even one of those times it qualifies as underachieving...I'm not not afraid to look at that aspect of the team and admit it...all you can do is look for ways to maybe get that little bit better, ask some difficult questions, and keep moving forward...I never said I'm Pep, like Pep, better than Pep or any other absurd notion so honestly I find that to be offensive and a lazy dig...I do thank God Pep is always changing it up, always asking himself the difficult questions, and exploring new ways to get it done...its a big reason why he is who he is as a manager...legendary...

Fair.

Wonder why we haven’t bought a left back though since Mendy? Is it because they haven’t been a decent one out there or is pep happy with Zinchenko before him Delph?

The way we play though high line unless you get a clone of Walker we will look more weaker down the left..

I wanted the champs league last season but the mad 2 mins at Madrid done us that football and in a knock out anything can happen, all we can do is keep getting to the semi final and final and we will win it one day might be this season might be in 5 years…

From what I have heard and picked up in the media, it sounds like Brighton are pissed off with both man city
and marc-cucurella, even today it sounds like he is in Spain and not pre-season training with Brighton

look Brighton have a contract with him, and it sounds like man city have sounded him out to a point of tapping him up and Brighton are not happy, very much in the same mode of Kane and spurs last season they set the price and will not budge
He was at the club media day all morning and afternoon until 3pm.

If you want to have an argument with another poster(s) on here, and you can't (for some unknown reason) put them on ignore, take the argument to pms. If it continues in the thread, threadbans will be issued. Thank you.
No worries...

Yeah get you, some fans think it’s because of our defence and like me I think it’s more to do with putting all those chances away we create!

I can’t change your view like you can’t change mine on this thinking…

Effectively in a CL match against teams with quality up top?...you might want to re-think that...its basically the main reason we keep coming up a bit short...and before anyone starts blabbering about "you think you know better than Pep, etc. etc." I'm going to say with 100% conviction in order to win the CL we need TWO FBs who can hold it down against top quality playmakers...Walker and someone legit on the left...the knockout stages of the CL are not the Prem...the teams we face are not anywhere near us in terms of overall quality, but most possess big time quality up top like Benzema and Vinicius, Jr., Kane and Son, a young Mbappe and Falcao and also playmakers like Modric, Erickson, and Bernardo...these kind of teams don't need to out play you...they can hurt you in the blink of an eye...it's extremely difficult to navigate this type of format all the way thru to the end when playing with all out attacking fullbacks, like Cancelo, or makeshift ones like Zinchenko...our plan works great in the Prem against basically everyone but Liverpool and Tottenham who have one thing in common, legit talent up top...look at the amount of goals we surrendered in aggregate against Real, Liverpool, Monaco, and Tottenham in recent CLs under Pep...Even Lyon scored 3 in a one off...this NEVER happens over two games in the Prem where Cancelo can run around freely without worrying about what's happening in behind him for example...FBs becoming extra mid fielders, playing in inverted roles and what not, I get it... but those halting results in the CL are not a coincidence...coincidences don't just keep happening every year...we don't need to make ourselves vulnerable in the back, specifically in the wide spaces, in order to beat any of those teams...we can either blow their doors off or win in a blink first game with 5 or 6 in attack with all the quality we have...I know many on here don't hold the CL in high regard but the reality of the matter is you have to win in Europe to attain that sort of historic team level...I want us to win it, the sooner the better...and having legit cover against the Reals, Bayerns, Barcas across the entirety of the back four is a good place to start...one man's opinion...

You make some good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.