Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me...it kills me when we get in that sort of squandering mode...but sometimes it just won't go into the net and that's when we can't let ourselves get beat by a moment of sub par play against these European clubs...its been unbelievable how we can absolutely dominate the entire time and then concede, sometimes 2 or even 3 in short succession and virtually blow up our whole CL campaign...I'm not ashamed to admit I cried tears of rage and heartbreak after the Real debacle and what felt like thievery against Tottenham...I would love nothing better than for us to bomb everyone off the pitch this year and render this entire debate moot...

That’s cup games you don’t have to be the best team in Europe to win it! Spurs will have a great chance with there team and a manager…

Not as far as I’m aware mate.

There was some liberal winding up going on here this afternoon suggesting he was in Barcelona at the moment, had told some random kid in the street he was signing for City, and was visiting our Club doctor who’s based there.

All of which was clearly bullshit, but has led some to believe he’s acting unprofessionally.
Yeah….usual made up nonsense. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was in Barca for a day or two (most of the first team seemed to have the weekend off) but he was back at the club yesterday for sure. There’s literally no new news on this transfer from any reputable source IMO (actually a good reflection on both clubs and how they conduct business).

Media day today.
Fellow Seagulls, we are in another clubs forum, have some decorum. For what it's worth media day was yesterday, it could of happened this afternoon as well but It defo happened yesterday! Between the three of us let's have a vote on whether MC stays or go's by deadline day...I'll start...GONE! Hope your happy City fans...

Effectively in a CL match against teams with quality up top?...you might want to re-think that...its basically the main reason we keep coming up a bit short...and before anyone starts blabbering about "you think you know better than Pep, etc. etc." I'm going to say with 100% conviction in order to win the CL we need TWO FBs who can hold it down against top quality playmakers...Walker and someone legit on the left...the knockout stages of the CL are not the Prem...the teams we face are not anywhere near us in terms of overall quality, but most possess big time quality up top like Benzema and Vinicius, Jr., Kane and Son, a young Mbappe and Falcao and also playmakers like Modric, Erickson, and Bernardo...these kind of teams don't need to out play you...they can hurt you in the blink of an eye...it's extremely difficult to navigate this type of format all the way thru to the end when playing with all out attacking fullbacks, like Cancelo, or makeshift ones like Zinchenko...our plan works great in the Prem against basically everyone but Liverpool and Tottenham who have one thing in common, legit talent up top...look at the amount of goals we surrendered in aggregate against Real, Liverpool, Monaco, and Tottenham in recent CLs under Pep...Even Lyon scored 3 in a one off...this NEVER happens over two games in the Prem where Cancelo can run around freely without worrying about what's happening in behind him for example...FBs becoming extra mid fielders, playing in inverted roles and what not, I get it... but those halting results in the CL are not a coincidence...coincidences don't just keep happening every year...we don't need to make ourselves vulnerable in the back, specifically in the wide spaces, in order to beat any of those teams...we can either blow their doors off or win in a blink first game with 5 or 6 in attack with all the quality we have...I know many on here don't hold the CL in high regard but the reality of the matter is you have to win in Europe to attain that sort of historic team level...I want us to win it, the sooner the better...and having legit cover against the Reals, Bayerns, Barcas across the entirety of the back four is a good place to start...one man's opinion...
Very good post mate. Whilst I do think we’ve also had our fair share of bad luck in the champions league, your point about quality right across the back is valid. Would be interesting to see how many goals we conceded down the left on the knockouts.

Fellow Seagulls, we are in another clubs forum, have some decorum. For what it's worth media day was yesterday, it could of happened this afternoon as well but It defo happened yesterday! Between the three of us let's have a vote on whether MC stays or go's by deadline day...I'll start...GONE! Hope your happy City fans...
50/50

Sorry i stand corrected yes it was yesterday, and he was in Barcelona today, for his sons birthday with rest of his family. Yes i think both clubs will come to an agreement. I would take £40m plus one of the 2 LB youngsters,with City having a buy back option. I think the one player that stands out is i think Esbrand.

Very good post mate. Whilst I do think we’ve also had our fair share of bad luck in the champions league, your point about quality right across the back is valid. Would be interesting to see how many goals we conceded down the left on the knockouts.
Bad luck no doubt played a part...

Other than a grammatical critique, do you have an opinion on the content? I would think if you're going to comment you would at least share your thoughts on the content as well, lol...

I'm more interested in your dotting patterns. Just when I think I've cracked your code, you go and throw in a surprise three dots instead of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.