Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel we need this deal to happen because we will not get the best out of Grealish or Foden while they are forced to drift outside the pitch to accommodate Cancelo drifting inwards. Cucurella solves about three problems at once, and in my mind, is worth the money right now considering the context. Like I said, though, Kane vibes around this one.

100M in Marketing my word I have read some things on here but.......
what you acting like this is some surprise? Grealish is the most marketable english player and that is a fact. 100 mil makes total sense for him in a financial sense. 50 mil for cucu makes no sense for us in a financial sense because he has no marketing value, less likely to bring new fans, no shirt sales, no new sponsors, might leave in a couple of years etc

what you acting like this is some surprise? Grealish is the most marketable english player and that is a fact. 100 mil makes total sense for him in a financial sense. 50 mil for cucu makes no sense for us in a financial sense because he has no marketing value, less likely to bring new fans, no shirt sales, no new sponsors, might leave in a couple of years etc

I wonder how many new fans Ben White brought Arsenal, how many new sponsors Ferran Torres brought Barca and how many Kyle Walker and Kalvin Phillips shirts flew off the shelves once they signed for us.

City might deem £50m for Cucurella to be too high but it sure as shit won't be because "he has no market value."

I wonder how many new fans Ben White brought Arsenal, how many new sponsors Ferran Torres brought Barca and how many Kyle Walker and Kalvin Phillips shirts flew off the shelves once they signed for us.

City might deem £50m for Cucurella to be too high but it sure as shit won't be because "he has no market value."
ya those ben white and ferran deals are shit values and hence why our city board are not stupid enough to throw money like that. it sure as shit has to do with marketing and finances why Jack is closer to 100 mil and cucu is less than 50 mil.

I can see it from both sides. City might look at Cucurella and see a guy who for the majority of his career has played in a three/five formation at Getafe and Brighton.

Add to that he's got zero experience at Champions League level and I can see why there's a reluctance dropping £50m. Mendy although a future disaster was part of a title winning team in Monaco and had been exceptional in the Champions League.

As for Brighton, why would they sell to him for less than £50m? That's what our last three fullbacks have cost in excess of, and he's their best player.

Ultimately though, this is why you don't let Zinchenko go until you've got his replacement in. Our negotiating position is weaker due to the fact that we have two senior fullbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.