Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is starting to get ugly and Brighton have an unhappy player and again Manchester city will be the villains in all of this, the media will be at it again with man city's power with throwing the oil money around unsettling players,
so many twists and turn rounds and Brighton holding out for the asking price, then the player signing a new deal and staying,

so let the boos start when Manchester city rock up at Brighton

None of this makes sense.
I think ex radio one DJ Andy Peebles made that much money he had his own private beach on the south coast & the poster has never seen it but the people of brighton never forgot about it?

Will this transfer request actually change anything? Bloom like Naylor seems like a manchild who will just dig his heels in harder to try and prove his point.
Of course it changes things. Cheaper deal to be done as not due bonuses, plus more importantly doesn’t look good on the club keeping a player against his will and it’ll be remembered when they go after players in the future.

Will be disappointing if we can't sign him as he does seem to be a near perfect fit, but understand that PL sides like Brighton are always going to look to rinse us whenever they think there is the opportunity.

One factor to consider is that all PL clubs face demands of massively inflated fees from a potential selling club for players they target, even when it's between other PL clubs.

This appears especially true when the targeted player has immense value to the buying club, and the sale likely to have a massive impact on the selling club's goals. With Cucurella and our LB needs it's not hard to see its role here.

I believe a similar logic can be applied to our attempts to buy Kane last summer, Koulibaly, as well as with Grealish who Villa would have asked for even more outside of the release clause, when we signed Walker, and possibly when we signed Sterling.

Fan resentment from the selling club is also a key factor for the selling club. Laporte and Rodri would have sold for FAR more if there wasn't a release clause. We know both Spanish clubs were angry that we got them for too low. How we landed Rodri actually shouldn't be ignored as impacting the vitriol we received from Atleti fans in CL last season. We also know that Villa fans surely remember how we got Delph so this is also where some of their resentment came from.

This pattern however tends to take place more with mid and lower table clubs rather than the likes of Spurs. Sure, we know Levy is who he is, but one should consider that he also faces some similar pressures as Brighton but in a different form due to importance of his probable goals: consistent top 4, knockouts of CL, challenge for best of rest of top 8 outside City & Liverpool, recoup losses from new stadium/COVID.

The financial dynamics of football today means that when a rich club attempts to buy a less rich club's key asset/player to fill a hard to find identified need in the squad, an inflated fee will be quoted to the buyer.

The buyer today is also more common to be a PL club.
However, if the feeder club that sold this player is a PL club they will ALSO then be later quoted inflated fees for nearafter targets they hope to buy from other clubs that follow the sale, especially if the player is from the PL or UEFA clubs when they look to invest in player buys to replace or improve the squad. (i.e. Torres to Chelsea, Bale to RM and Neymar to PSG)

So, if Brighton sell for a lower fee, they have less flexibility to find players as a replacement -- whom are unlikely to possess the same quality that's lost -- AND still desire to the remaining cash to invest or stuff the pockets of the owner to incentivise their willingness to sell to a club.

The owner also faces pressure from their own fans who we all know (see Villa and Spurs supporters last summer) would certainly rather see us fail than help solidify success; even if the owner doesn't feel actually share the fans' view if you ask them privately, as City's success helps bring immense cash to PL clubs.

Levy didn't do so great with Spurs when he invested from the sale of Bale, so I think that played a role in his thinking about what it would take to sell Kane.

Since Cucurella has a long contract and he like Kane doesn't seem like a bellend personality that means Brighton are in control.

Last edited:
Of course it changes things. Cheaper deal to be done as not due bonuses, plus more importantly doesn’t look good on the club keeping a player against his will and it’ll be remembered when they go after players in the future.
I just wasn't sure as Bloom seems stubborn. Plus the praise he is getting from journalists especially from the athletic, is only going to make him feel vindicated in his £50 million evaluation.

Yeah man its all good. I have no animosity at all to him or anyone else on twitter. However id rather read truth than fiction. If he is as you say in the know, why? Is he a part of the agency who represent MC? Is he registered? Or is it one of these type of scenarios where he hangs around the official representation, goes to the same coffee shops, earwigs, takes photos without permission etc etc, just asking bud.
I get what you're saying. From what I understand he's one of these guys who talks to agents, club members and such and then passes along the information. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do what he does, but it does take reliable contacts who are willing to share info with you.

I don't know if you follow the NFL or NBA, but he's like a European football version of Adam Schefter, Ian Rapoport, or Adrian Wojnarowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.