Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s more the principle than the actual amount. It could adversely affect us in future negotiations if selling clubs know we’ll fold eventually.

Which we regularly used to. We stopped at Koulibaly and haven't really gone back on it since.

Oh ffs. It is an employment contract, not a fucking oath or a Shakespearean tragedy. And nobody gets told to leave, the club doesn't make them leave etc
They accept another offer, and the club accept to let another club buy them out of the contract for a value they agrer. At which point that contract and everything with it ends. A transfer request forsakes any bonus due for that year. The contract ending itself forsakes everything else regardless, because the employment has ended.
No need for `FFS` when someone has a different opinion.

If you think nobody gets told to leave their club you're obviously not up to speed with the De Jong situation.

Anyway, I don't think anyone was questioning that the contract ends when it ends, we were merely pointing out that contracts end in different ways...to assume they all end the same is naive.....I work with a lot of contracts (not footballers) so I know they don't always end as planned. Just my two-penneth.

Enjoy the game later :-)

It’s really no big deal. They have set a fee which we deem too much and they won’t negotiate. We move on to the next target. I have no doubt we will sign a more than adequate replacement at LB before the end of the window. Zinchenko leaving us for a more prominent role and more game time is irrelevant. He’s been fantastic for City and deserved his move if that’s what he wanted. Talk of us being amateurish in our transfer policies is frankly ridiculous.

I think it’s more the principle than the actual amount. It could adversely affect us in future negotiations if selling clubs know we’ll fold eventually.
Exactly, clubs need to know that we will walk away

They will now be keeping their fingers crossed that we come back in for him

further down the line any player with potential will think twice before committing to them

a stepping stone club operates under the principal that they let you go if a bigger opportunity comes along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.