Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we weren't willing to pay close to their asking price, which was established 6 weeks ago, why wait until the eve of the season to walk away?

We are now without a left back for the first few games of the season, at least.

This is really poor from us.
how long are we going to pretend cancelo isn't a left back

I think the fee might be north of 50 million as well. We move on, Brighton stuck to their guns and its only fair. Hopefully we can sign someone asap, not ideal to be signing a LB so late.

Remember the lescot saga did he put in a transfer request? Remember he had to go and play with the youth team when the season started!

Cucurella can make is as difficult as he wants till the window shuts but will we move on next week because we really do need a left back and we unwilling to wait to see if Brighton do buckle with a 3 or 4 days to go in the transfer window…

I think it’s more the principle than the actual amount. It could adversely affect us in future negotiations if selling clubs know we’ll fold eventually.
I guess so, but we're really not talking about that much movement. No more than we came up to meet the asking prices on Mendy and Walker in fact.

It's also just reality, we really are short at the position after selling Zinchenko and have games to play. We've left ourselves little leverage.

No regrets about Zin. Zin wanted to go, and he wanted to go then. Arsenal wanted him then, so that he'd be involved in the pre-season. It's part of the honourable way we deal with our players, especially when they've given good and faithful service, and I for one thoroughly approve of it.
If this is true — and Naylor says nothing without Bloom and board's approval — I'm ok with it, but we now need to move fast on alternative targets (Raum, Grimaldo?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.