Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue with moving on to another target. Surprised that Txiki et al thought Bloom would lower his valuation to the value they were willing to pay.

I think this is right but the fact that we ended in this situation was poor from the club. We dug a hole for ourselves here and can't get out anymore.

I'll repeat again what I've said here earlier but is still just as relevant. I don't think £50m is an extraordinary price and somehow I don't think the club actually thinks this way either. Countless players of similar quality have moved for that price this window and recently. You can't just ignore that and blindly keep repeating our valuation and expecting things to change. I mean all signs are showing our negotation stance is £40m and it is not that far off the asking price all things considering. We just started the negotiations from the wrong point and this principle of "winning" the negotation is now more important than the current squad quality despite handicapping ourselves earlier.

Are we really in a better place if we save that 10 millions and move to alternative player who the club obviously considers to be inferior? The fact that we still haven't moved on a week before the season seems to show that even the club is scared of moving to alternative.
Yes because otherwise we end up in the united position of paying the asking price for every player they go in for

eg £80m on Maguire , £50 on Wan Bissaca and £60m they have just spent on some no mark from the Dutch league

Yes because otherwise we end up in the united position of paying the asking price for every player they go in for

eg £80m on Maguire , £50 on Wan Bissaca and £60m they have just spent on some no mark from the Dutch league
Signing Cucurella for 50m is not going to do that, signing Grealish for 100m though...

If we started Cucurella negotation from 40M, Brighton wanted 50m+ and in the end we compromiosed something like 45m+5m everyone would've forgotten this transfer fee in a week.

I guess we got to the alternatives now

Raum really is the best second choice if we could get him.

Sosa is good but he's raw and more of a wing back I don't think hes that technically good either to play in a pep team

Grimaldo just don't see it, he had all that hype but is still at Benfica why? Has to be a reason he's not at another team right now.
Sosa is more technical than Raum. Raum is like luke shaw technical wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.