Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has already said he wouldn’t keep an unhappy player. If Bernardo puts in transfer request then let him go for as much as we can get. Probably not his worth to us though.

Fans can't accept that Bernardo is replaecable, if City can let him go even this summer. I'm sure they already drafted his potential replacement, don't know if they will ever be as good as Bernardo but i'm sure with our world class scouting network system we know potential Bernardo replacement already.

Signing Cucurella for 50m is not going to do that, signing Grealish for 100m though...

If we started Cucurella negotation from 40M, Brighton wanted 50m+ and in the end we compromiosed something like 45m+5m everyone would've forgotten this transfer fee in a week.

Grealish was a release clause and not a negotiation we’d back down on, though. Other clubs won’t have looked at Grealish and thought ‘we can do them over here’ because it wasn’t Villa’s negotiations that got the £100m, it was his contract.

This could all be a saving face deal on Brighton’s side - a retaliation to the transfer request and if a deal does go through, the consensus will be that they got £50m because of the article this morning but that’s a stretch.

Also, would we turn our back on a player who has handed in a transfer request to join?

Time will tell. Interesting one either way.

Last edited:
Signing Cucurella for 50m is not going to do that, signing Grealish for 100m though...

If we started Cucurella negotation from 40M, Brighton wanted 50m+ and in the end we compromiosed something like 45m+5m everyone would've forgotten this transfer fee in a week.
That was a buy out clause though so different to negotiating a price.

So we have no proper left back ( how many years is that), injured centre back ( just as well we didn’t sell Ake) . We do some things spectacularly then appear amateurish in others.
I don't know why people get like this in the transfer forum if negotiations don't look like they're working out. Like a kid having a tantrum after a nice day out.

We have three world class centre backs, and one very, very good centre back.

We started last season with a leftback (not Pep's fault he is now in prison), and we don't make panic signings based on the next six months.

If we stuck by our guns then I have no issues at all

I will have an issue though if we don't get a replacement in - we can't go into a season with only two fullbacks

Raum is off too Leipzig now, so that option is off. Sosa and Grimaldo doesnt look good enough at all. Our fullback depth is scary... selling Zinny looks really problematic now.

Dunno if this has already been posted, but @projectriver tweeted it and thought it worth sharing. From an article about transfers generally, rather than this one specifically. Not completely implausible that he submitted the transfer request with Brighton’s tacit consent though.

FY1C-niXwAIliT2
I’ve heard that before and it’s a great point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.