Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious Question To City fans...Do u believe Romano to be on your payroll as well as other big European clubs?...all the time he was being fed positive information from agent he couldn't wait to tweet, now...diddly squat...not really unbiased journalism is it?
WTF Romano's relationship is clearly with Cucurella's agent. How on earth does anyone make the leap to him being on City's payroll?

No. My point is release clause don't really matter. Release clause or not we decide the player's worth and pay for it. We thought grealish was worth 100mils and we paid for it. We don't think cucurella is worth 50 mils so we are not paying for it
Do you think the player would have agreed to that release clause in his contract when he signed for Brighton a year ago?

If we thought we could throw our weight around, we would have asked more for Zinchenko.

How many players put in transfer requests away from City, even when we know they wish to move on?

The truth is much more simple, we are decent people and other clubs see City as an easy touch.

We are no longer that club, we have our valuation and don't need to pull our pants down for anyone.

Last season we did win the league and losing in Cup semis wasn't down to a lack of depth, squarely down to injuries at the wrong time and the moments where a top opponent can kill you in the blink of an eye.

City will not let this window close without buying another left back and the only loser in this would be Cucurella.

Kompany shocked City by leaving, we expected him to go another year and the timing of it killed our due diligence on a top quality replacement for such a pivotal player.
It’s got to be a worry that there’s only one LB in world football that can do a job for us though.

Serious Question To City fans...Do u believe Romano to be on your payroll as well as other big European clubs?...all the time he was being fed positive information from agent he couldn't wait to tweet, now...diddly squat...not really unbiased journalism is it?

He's also been tweeting about our players leaving mate, you're seeing things that aren't there.

Go out and touch grass and/or your pebbly beach.

We paid 100m for Grealish because that was his release clause. In reality he's probably a 60m player in today's market, 70m if you add the usual English tax.

I thought the initial talk of a 30m release clause for Phillips if Leeds got relegated would've represented fair value but it was always going to be higher when they stayed up. 42m still seemed a bit high to me but maybe getting Haaland so cheap meant we were willing to pay a bit extra.

I agree that 50m is too high for a player with one year of Premier League experience and no Champions League experience. I don't have a problem with us walking away from the deal, I was merely stating that Brighton are well within their rights to ask for that given what we've paid previously for players of a similar level and experience.
no we evaluated 100 mil for Grealish was worth it and made sense for the club. and 50 mil for cucurella was not worth it. simple as that nothing to do with the market price.

Do you think the player would have agreed to that release clause in his contract when he signed for Brighton a year ago?
I don't know and I can't speculate. I don't take release clause seriously. In Spain everyone has billion dollars worth release clause. I really don't see how release is important?!

They have Sosa nd grimaldo was back up. They can get both for something below 50 mil
They are valued cheaper because they aren't as good.

Also for irony, the only way to do those deals quick is if we pay the asking price of the selling clubs, something we don't want to do here but would have to do there. So the entire point of not paying what the selling club wants will become even more strange.

I don't know and I can't speculate. I don't take release clause seriously. In Spain everyone has billion dollars worth release clause. I really don't see how release is important?!
The Spanish FA demands it for situations like this. Only the superstars have the silly ones. But yeah the point is a release clause is a totally different situation. If they'd put in a release clause of £50m then player, agent and both clubs would be crystal clear where we are. But they didn't, and the player and agent wouldn't have agreed to £50m if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.