Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit that confuses me in our dealings with this transfer is ever thinking in the first place that circa £30mil was going to do it for Brighton. I said weeks ago that if they had paid £5mil for him 12 months ago then maybe that’d have worked, but ffs they paid £15mil so it was always going to be in the 40’s before we got anywhere close.

If we weren’t prepared to go to that then we shouldn’t have targeted him in the first place.
Totally agree.

Brighton are well within their rights to ask whatever they want for a player under contract. Clearly we want Cucurella so I think a compromise will be reached, probably about early 40’s plus add ons. Walker is 33 now so Cancelo may be needed as right back cover and as @DeBlueLou posted Laporte is out for a few weeks so Ake will have his part to play in Central Defence, I’m confident Txiki will get this over the line.

We already know very well what happened when we tried to improvise and play right or left back a player who does not know the place. We were limping!
As minor issue as it seems, it's not. Walker and Cancelo cannot get the whole season. Not even 60 % of it. We need a 3rd not to say a 4th also(2 right, 2 left) FULL back.

He already has. Macallister plays a deeper role like you mentioned, but Caicedo has already been the deepest midfielder when required (2nd half of the West Ham game for example).
No he isn’t caicedo hasn’t once played in defensive midfield he plays ahead of the dm in a more centre mid role . McAllister has played in bissoumas position for the pre season and has looked comfortable

So they get to keep him another season and get the fee they want if he performs well, I don't blame them one bit for keeping hold of their best players.
That's a fair point, I'm looking at it from the player's perspective, he's probably gone their in good faith that if he performs he'll be allowed to leave, or just allowed to leave after a season or two. I also look at our own policy, if a player wants to leave and isn't happy, we simply let them go and get a replacement in. Brighton are not only tripling their money on Cucurella but can also get a replacement for 15-20m easily.

Keeping an unhappy player is always a risk, what if he is completely a shadow of his former self and does not have a good season?

Brighton are well within their rights to ask whatever they want for a player under contract. Clearly we want Cucurella so I think a compromise will be reached, probably about early 40’s plus add ons. Walker is 33 now so Cancelo may be needed as right back cover and as @DeBlueLou posted Laporte is out for a few weeks so Ake will have his part to play in Central Defence, I’m confident Txiki will get this over the line.
Walker is 32 , but yes I hope you are right

No he isn’t caicedo hasn’t once played in defensive midfield he plays ahead of the dm in a more centre mid role . McAllister has played in bissoumas position for the pre season and has looked comfortable
We're on a city forum talking about cucu so i'll keep this short.
You're chatting utter s****, if you watched the Estoril and Reading games you'd know Caicedo was deeper than Mac :D
Cucurella would be a far bigger loss than Bissouma since there's never been a system without him since he arrived, whereas there was already preparation for Bissouma's departure, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.