Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping this saga isn’t over yet , as I think Cucurella would have been perfect.

It’s going to be awkward for him , after trying to force this move , claiming he is unhappy and handing in a transfer request.

I’d have been willing to pay around £42 million for him. What happens next is up to Cucu - im hoping he keeps pushing for the move you never know.

Cancelo, Walker and Zinchenko. That setup barely got City past last season.

Cancelo, Walker alone, that’s just asking for problems. Hopefully City do a “Dias” and move for an option swiftly.

Ps. I don’t count Esbrand as he’s barely played 5 senior games. He’s fourth choice at best.
Ake will also fill in at left-back

When you consider what we have made in sales, it seems ludicrous that we wouldn’t be paying the £50m. However, you could look at the sales and wonder if we really needed the cash to balance the books?

When the club only makes a profit of £2.4m on a turnover of £570m, it shows there isn’t a lot of leeway. When you throw a signing like Haaland into the mix, it will likely mean that sacrifices need to be made elsewhere. Getting the Sterling money and his wages off the books will have helped a lot but we are probably still trying to be careful. That being said, if money is tight, we might have been better just holding on to Zin.

I don't have the time nor the desire to tell you in detail how far off the mark your first paragraph is.

Assuming we didn't scout Cucurella YEARS earlier also reflects poorly on your credibility, although I'd like to think you know better and are just talking out of frustration.

Where I do agree with you wholeheartedly is that a failure to come to terms over 10 mil for a player we obviously like a lot for me would constitute a failure on our behalf.

I've stated myself that Bloom has played the part of an amateur in terms of his handling of the situation. And while I do agree this could harm Brighton over the long haul, I genuinely don't give a fuck about Brighton. I care about City. I'm finding it more and more difficult to reconcile us losing out on this guy over 10 mil. I see this as a find a way to get it done scenario, not a walk away scenario. JMO.

Totally agree that a failure to find a deal for a position we clearly need to fill if the difference is just £10m would be a failure on our side.

Txiki, Omar and Ferran are paid the money they are to find a way in these scenarios.

That said - there’s nothing to suggest we’re walking away.

If anything, taking that Brighton mouthpiece bloke at face value (which is a mistake, in my book), it’s them who are refusing to engage with City’s attempts to find a deal. That suggests we’re very much at the table - but Brighton are refusing to play.

Having said all of that, it’s just pure bluff and bluster anyway. He’s nothing more than Tony Bloom’s PR operation - paid to keep his man in the news.

I suspect it’s all a bluff, and I still think we’ll find a deal.

Not to would be a complete fuck up on both sides now - like you say.

Ill come back to you in a few weeks.

25m is what I read. If its 35m then even more reason to be pissed off. Why havent you spent it?
Our ceo said the price was higher than intitially reported due to spurs wanting to keep it quiet so I reckon it’s around £35m but who knows . The transfer window is still open but I think that we feel like we can replace bissouma internally with Macallister

I’m awaiting an update from Fab before we properly know where the transfer is at. It’s one source , nobody else is reporting this other than Naylor.

All the players in our squad were already known and playing for top clubs before we bought them (bar Zinchenko & Jesus) we don't unearth gems, that's what a world class scouting system does.

We currently find ourselves haggling over 10million for a LB who could have been scouted a year earlier. With all our Spanish/La Masia connections why wasn't Cucurella scouted before going to Brighton.
Bud
City are not at a level where we can develop potential in the first team.
We let others do that who are not under as much pressure to win every week.
Then pay that bit extra when they have proven themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.