Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not selling Bazanu, and even if he goes we’ll have a cast iron buy back which essentially means he’s still ours.
You have literally just said we aren’t selling him but when we do sell him we have a buy back so because of that he’s still a city player.

Are you feeling ok ?

In other words we are selling him.

You have literally just said we aren’t selling him but when we do sell him we have a buy back so because of that he’s still a city player.

Are you feeling ok ?

In other words we are selling him.

I can’t see how you think it’s a sale if we can buy him back at any point. These deals are basically loans but if he’s shit we keep the cash.

We’re not selling Bazanu, and even if he goes we’ll have a cast iron buy back which essentially means he’s still ours.
If Bazunu is ever at the level we will buy him back it's entirely possible other clubs will want him and if that happens he will reject our contract and sign elsewhere.

I presume we have a sell on fee also.

If Bazunu is ever at the level we will buy him back it's entirely possible other clubs will want him and if that happens he will reject our contract and sign elsewhere.

I presume we have a sell on fee also.

except you can’t with a buy back. It’s the same as when Madrid wanted Angelino and we stepped in to exercise the option.

I can’t see how you think it’s a sale if we can buy him back at any point. These deals are basically loans but if he’s shit we keep the cash.

No, not quite right, case in point would be Luiz at Villa. Very capable player and City had a buy back (probably for less then his market value).

However, as we did not rate him good enough for our squad, the buy back was ever utilised and expired.

If they where loans etc. we would have gained more money etc.

The buy back gives an option, but you need the player onboard and for that you need a place in the squad.

They are great in protecting an obvious mistake or allowing a player to hit potential.

I would expect vast majority of buy backs are never actioned.

No, not quite right, case in point would be Luiz at Villa. Very capable player and City had a buy back (probably for less then his market value).

However, as we did not rate him good enough for our squad, the buy back was ever utilised and expired.

If they where loans etc. we would have gained more money etc.

The buy back gives an option, but you need the player onboard and for that you need a place in the squad.

They are great in protecting an obvious mistake or allowing a player to hit potential.

I would expect vast majority of buy backs are never actioned.

A big reason we never exercised that deal was his work permit/foreign spot status.

With Bazanu we’d be far better off utilizing him due to the homegrown thing. Wasting, yes wasting a foreign spot on Steffan is absolute madness really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.