Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consdering Delph and Zin have been converted into LBs and Cancelo is naturallly a RB but tends to play better on the left, I am all for seeing more of Wilson-Esbrand. Lightning quick, good on the ball...the other defensive/attacking elements he will improve at under Pep but the natural characteristics are there. Should have given him Salah to deal with on Saturday as a proper test of what impact he can make.

I like our policy of not standing in the way of people that want to go, I think it will benefit us long term.

And I dont think letting Zin go now will cost us anything, he was a back up left back.

Personally I think the price Brighton are rumoured to want for Cucarella is too high, and if a deal doesn't get done because of that there will be consequences for them. If their business plan is to recruit players with a view to them moving on, this sort of thing won't help with that.

But, its their right to ask what they want, and if it does or doesnt cost them long term that's totally their business. We just need to worry about ourselves. If we still think there's a chance we'll get him for a price that's acceptable to us we should carry on. When that doesn't seem a possibility then we should move on.

What we shouldn't do is panic, just because the season is starting in a week. If and when we buy a new left back it will be for years, not weeks. And we have more than enough to start the season.
Agree with all of that and don't think either party has moved on yet

He isn’t worth £30m + a player so it won’t get done. City didn’t want to sell Zinchenko, he wanted to go so we facilitated that. He was worth £32M to Arsenal. He is an established international and has captained his country. He is a better player that Cucurella. He wasn’t let go so we could buy Cucurella, it was his time to go. His value has no bearing on a replacement LB. To suggest so is infantile.
Absolute biased bollocks.

Our scouting database remains a mystery. If our scouting database actually worked, we would have signed cucurella before he signed for Brighton. That is obviously not how we function. We wait for player to turn into £40/£50m before signing. Don't remember us signing a cheap gem who turned out to be a world beater. Again top clubs don't do that but we definitely are low on kistr of taking such risks
So it costs City £50m for another club to take the risk. For a player to go under the radar for a while and then appear at Brighton somebody has taken a risk on him. Imagine if we had a collection of all these unproven talents that all turned out to be not good enough - five £10m players all sat on the books tossing it off for three or four years because they know they are not getting anywhere nea the first team. That is not the model

We don’t need to take these risks anymore to find an uncut diamond

Consdering Delph and Zin have been converted into LBs and Cancelo is naturallly a RB but tends to play better on the left, I am all for seeing more of Wilson-Esbrand. Lightning quick, good on the ball...the other defensive/attacking elements he will improve at under Pep but the natural characteristics are there. Should have given him Salah to deal with on Saturday as a proper test of what impact he can make.
They have to start somewhere and all players are uncut before the start .

Eh, I feel like this is trying too hard to make it look like great business.

If you want to rule out the £3m in add ons (which are more than likely nailed on) then I don't think it's right to then write off another £5m simply because we've sent a player their way. Darko Gyabi was still an asset to this football club.

I don't really get the relevance of international experience. We paid £100m for a guy who is never England's first choice. We signed another guy for just under £60m four years ago who didn't make his national team debut until last season.

If the club don't want to pay a certain amount for Cucurella then that's one thing but I don't get why anyone on here is acting like Brighton are asking for a completely unreasonable figure.

We've also taken the totally bizarre approach of weakening our position by flogging our only left back and are now trying to drip feed low ball offers for a player when it's pretty obvious that Brighton aren't remotely interested in the amounts we're offering.

The league is starting in less six days and we've been pissing about with this for weeks when we should have either offered something far closer to the asking price or moved on to whatever budget alternative we feel comfortable with.

And quoting £45m is trying too hard to make it look as bad as possible. Why not go full Sky and stick the agents fee on too?

We actually paid Leeds £37m this summer - that’s a fact - if we pay the add ons, he’ll have been worth the extra £3m. And £5m for Gyabi is plainly way overpriced given where he was in his development - asset or not.

On Cucurella - my view is Brighton paid £15m for him a year ago, since which time he’s played one season at a mid table PL side - he’s 24 and has never played so much as a single game in the CL, and since joining Brighton he’s made precisely no appearances for his National side. I know you think that’s irrelevant, but it’s generally considered a barometer of how well a player is playing.

He’s a good player, of course - that’s why we want him - but if you don’t think £50m+ is a completely unreasonable figure for Cucurella, I’m happy to leave it there.

Otherwise I agree with everything you say.

Weakening our position by selling Zin before we’d replaced him was a ridiculous move - as was leaving a key position this late in the window, with the league less than a week away.

We’ve managed this situation very badly - but that doesn’t automatically make Brighton’s position on this in any way reasonable.

This situation makes neither Club look good - and I hope we walk away from it now, and make amends by signing an alternative professionally and quickly.

So it costs City £50m for another club to take the risk. For a player to go under the radar for a while and then appear at Brighton somebody has taken a risk on him. Imagine if we had a collection of all these unproven talents that all turned out to be not good enough - five £10m players all sat on the books tossing it off for three or four years because they know they are not getting anywhere nea the first team. That is not the model

We don’t need to take these risks anymore to find an uncut diamond
Granted...but you then can't moan and another clubs valuation of what they see as their Gem. Supply and demand etc. Pay up or move on which you are entitled to do. Think of if like petrol or diesel...we pay it because we need it...if not Cycle or walk. I hope deal gets done for 50m this week and wish Cucu all the best, hope you win CL with him. He will help you get the best out of Grealish down your left hand side for sure. Last note on Bloom...hes not digging heels in because your City, he just sticking to his business model. We wouldn't expect anything else from him. If it were not for him we would be languishing alot lower down the football pyramid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.