Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the £35m is not real but the £50m is? Your club and our club have not stated anything as fact, but both have used their mouth pieces in the media to leak info which is the norm. You can’t claim one figure is false though but the other as gospel! In reality nobody knows bar the directors on both sides and his agent.
Chances are the figures being touted are close to the mark so as I’ve said earlier, you’re moving the goal posts and taking the piss. The mistake Brighton and Bloom are making is we don’t need Cucurella, we need a LB. There’s a huge difference there in that there are other options available with some being linked at much lower prices. We also don’t fancy him because we think he’s a world beater, we fancy him because there’s the convenience for us that he has a years experience in the league, but again it’s not a deal breaker for us.
Pep clearly felt he’s raw enough to mould in to the player he really wants, he’s young enough to teach the Pep way and grow in to a world class player under him, but to think he’s already there after 1 international cap and a half decent season in a mid table team is laughable. His achievements to date are Brightons player of the season, that’s far from a £50m player. I think someone said earlier the highest price for a LB currently is £50m so are we suggesting he’s now the world number 1 in that position? Again that’s laughable and the top players in that position going for that money are winners both at domestic and international level already, not POTS winners only.
Bloom may fancy himself as a poker player but even the best ones go bust sometimes and crash out on the bubble. If he continues to try and play Billy big bollocks though he’ll find his club back in the Championship. There’s 4-5 teams that should of finished above you last season but had stinkers and most of them have bought this window, add in Forest are up for it and you could find you drop dangerously close this season unless you invest in the squad.
I, as I’m sure you do for different reasons, hope we just walk away now. It’s just not worth the drama dealing with Bloom, we are wasting time we could be spending on other targets and the fact we’ve known for a while your bottom number (but still refuse to meet it yet up our bids a little anyway to keep the engagement going) suggests we maybe using you just as much as you think you’re using us so we can do another deal on the quiet (It wouldn't be the first time).
Brighton leaked to a journo yesterday that they rated Cucu above Ben White and that money already received for Ben White was well in excess of £50 million.

If they are not budging then it’s time to move on. Got to feel for the bloke but can’t be having the goalposts moved by Poker player Bloom.

But we didn’t pay £45m for him mate.

We paid £42m - and they paid us £5m for Gyabi.

So in reality we paid them £37m.

Eh, I feel like this is trying too hard to make it look like great business.

If you want to rule out the £3m in add ons (which are more than likely nailed on) then I don't think it's right to then write off another £5m simply because we've sent a player their way. Darko Gyabi was still an asset to this football club.

That’s an excellent deal for a full England international.

In the meantime, Cucurella has one cap for Spain - and Brighton are asking for £50m+

I don't really get the relevance of international experience. We paid £100m for a guy who is never England's first choice. We signed another guy for just under £60m four years ago who didn't make his national team debut until last season.

If the club don't want to pay a certain amount for Cucurella then that's one thing but I don't get why anyone on here is acting like Brighton are asking for a completely unreasonable figure.

We've also taken the totally bizarre approach of weakening our position by flogging our only left back and are now trying to drip feed low ball offers for a player when it's pretty obvious that Brighton aren't remotely interested in the amounts we're offering.

The league is starting in less six days and we've been pissing about with this for weeks when we should have either offered something far closer to the asking price or moved on to whatever budget alternative we feel comfortable with.

If they are not budging then it’s time to move on. Got to feel for the bloke but can’t be having the goalposts moved by Poker player Bloom.
When has he moved the goalposts?

He does not want to sell the player BUT he values the player at 50 m.

City fucked up letting Zinchenko go 1st absalute Steel for Arsenal

Yes I understand it wasn't without tears but to let him go then try to sign a fullback its fucking really poor from Tixi
This isn't getting done now imo, Cancelo & Ake it is with young Josh as back up

Hope I'm wrong

Sounds like he wants to sell at around 50 million!
That's the point I was making but where has he moved the goal posts?

If he says he is yours for 50m and we bid that but then turns around and says no, the price is now 55m, yes he is a cnut and is taking the piss, but as far as I am aware that's not the case.

City fucked up letting Zinchenko go 1st absalute Steel for Arsenal

Yes I understand it wasn't without tears but to let him go then try to sign a fullback its fucking really poor from Tixi
This isn't getting done now imo, Cancelo & Ake it is with young Josh as back up

Hope I'm wrong
I can understand the player wanting first team football and can see Pep loves him as a man but has doubts on the player but you don't let anyone move on without at least securing a replacement, and even more so when Zinch was still under contract.

So the £35m is not real but the £50m is? Your club and our club have not stated anything as fact, but both have used their mouth pieces in the media to leak info which is the norm. You can’t claim one figure is false though but the other as gospel! In reality nobody knows bar the directors on both sides and his agent.
Chances are the figures being touted are close to the mark so as I’ve said earlier, you’re moving the goal posts and taking the piss. The mistake Brighton and Bloom are making is we don’t need Cucurella, we need a LB. There’s a huge difference there in that there are other options available with some being linked at much lower prices. We also don’t fancy him because we think he’s a world beater, we fancy him because there’s the convenience for us that he has a years experience in the league, but again it’s not a deal breaker for us.
Pep clearly felt he’s raw enough to mould in to the player he really wants, he’s young enough to teach the Pep way and grow in to a world class player under him, but to think he’s already there after 1 international cap and a half decent season in a mid table team is laughable. His achievements to date are Brightons player of the season, that’s far from a £50m player. I think someone said earlier the highest price for a LB currently is £50m so are we suggesting he’s now the world number 1 in that position? Again that’s laughable and the top players in that position going for that money are winners both at domestic and international level already, not POTS winners only.
Bloom may fancy himself as a poker player but even the best ones go bust sometimes and crash out on the bubble. If he continues to try and play Billy big bollocks though he’ll find his club back in the Championship. There’s 4-5 teams that should of finished above you last season but had stinkers and most of them have bought this window, add in Forest are up for it and you could find you drop dangerously close this season unless you invest in the squad.
I, as I’m sure you do for different reasons, hope we just walk away now. It’s just not worth the drama dealing with Bloom, we are wasting time we could be spending on other targets and the fact we’ve known for a while your bottom number (but still refuse to meet it yet up our bids a little anyway to keep the engagement going) suggests we maybe using you just as much as you think you’re using us so we can do another deal on the quiet (It wouldn't be the first time).
My answer was to do with someone saying that the original fee was 35m, and Brighton have upped it because city have come in for him, thats not true. I agree with you hes not worth 50+m, ive said a value of between 27 and 35 maybe stretching it to 40 with add ons or a player for us to develope..

Im still not sure if the 50m that has been tweeted is what Brighton will accept. The only people who will really know are those trying to do the deal, anything put out on twitter either from Romano of Naylor is to me just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.