Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the player wanting first team football and can see Pep loves him as a man but has doubts on the player but you don't let anyone move on without at least securing a replacement, and even more so when Zinch was still under contract.
Zinchenko as much as a great utility player and team player was never good enough as a stand alone player. I’m still amazed we got what we did for him. That money is being re-invested into a quality full back whoever that may be.

Zinchenko as much as a great utility player and team player was never good enough as a stand alone player. I’m still amazed we got what we did for him. That money is being re-invested into a quality full back whoever that may be.
100% agree and to get what we did is incredible but he still should not have been allowed to depart until we had a replacement in.

What your choosing to ignore is the risk reward ratio.

That's funny, thought it applied to the people who want to upgrade on the only City defender who made the PFA team of the year in any of the last two seasons, and the only FB in PL history who did it at RB and LB. But hey, those who play against Cancelo know nothing, unlike you and the "Cancelo can't defend" brigade. You know much better. If only Pep and Txiki knew as much as you about what City need! Wouldn't play with a defender who can't defend. Shame on them :)

Seriously, you don't address my points. You offer worn-out clichés about what a top defender is supposed to do. Pep's City win in spite of such clichés. Defending is not only or even mostly about clearances, blocks, last-ditch tackles and the likes. It's also, and for Pep mostly, about how you build up attacks and how you win the ball back after losing it. Cancelo excels In these aspects of Pep's way of defending. Wake up and smell the coffee.

100% agree and to get what we did is incredible but he still should not have been allowed to depart until we had a replacement in.
That doesn’t make sense. The money was offered then. If we didn’t release him, the chances are we wouldn’t have received the same amount later on.

Realistically we received an incredible offer and made the decision based with both football and business in mind.

As he said, that’s now going to be invested in a quality fullback who will add to our game in areas Zinchenko could not.

That doesn’t make sense. The money was offered then. If we didn’t release him, the chances are we wouldn’t have received the same amount later on.

Realistically we received an incredible offer and made the decision based with both football and business in mind.

As he said, that’s now going to be invested in a quality fullback who will add to our game in areas Zinchenko could not.

Zinchenko as nice a lad as he was, was a terrible defensive and attack fullback.

He is a good passer of the ball and could drop into that midfield position when we had the ball, for me his only good attribute.

I like our policy of not standing in the way of people that want to go, I think it will benefit us long term.

And I dont think letting Zin go now will cost us anything, he was a back up left back.

Personally I think the price Brighton are rumoured to want for Cucarella is too high, and if a deal doesn't get done because of that there will be consequences for them. If their business plan is to recruit players with a view to them moving on, this sort of thing won't help with that.

But, its their right to ask what they want, and if it does or doesnt cost them long term that's totally their business. We just need to worry about ourselves. If we still think there's a chance we'll get him for a price that's acceptable to us we should carry on. When that doesn't seem a possibility then we should move on.

What we shouldn't do is panic, just because the season is starting in a week. If and when we buy a new left back it will be for years, not weeks. And we have more than enough to start the season.

Next
Enough of dicking already . Im sure our scouts database is loaded with options .
Our scouting database remains a mystery. If our scouting database actually worked, we would have signed cucurella before he signed for Brighton. That is obviously not how we function. We wait for player to turn into £40/£50m before signing. Don't remember us signing a cheap gem who turned out to be a world beater. Again top clubs don't do that but we definitely are low on kistr of taking such risks

Arsenal clearly wanted him badly and with the relationship with Arteta waiting for another week I am sure would have been acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.