Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The fact the club sanctioned a deal for grealish for £100 mil will have changed how the club was viewed by other clubs. Before then we rarely went above £60 mil now clubs know we will play ridiculous fees so imo it does have a knock on effect
They also know we have walked away from many deals due to not wishing to go above what we consider a player to be worth. Just as it looks like we are doing with Cucurella. All it tells other clubs is that we will not pay more than OUR valuation of a player.

They also know we have walked away from many details due to not wishing to go above what we consider a player to be worth. Just as it looks like we are doing with Cucurella. All it tells other clubs is that we will not pay more than OUR valuation of a player.
exactly

Sorry where is the issue?

They wasted months trying to get players they couldn’t/wouldn’t pay the required fee for.

They seem to take the word of agents as gospel, and when the selling club doesn’t play ball don’t have a back up plan.

Edit: also it’s 100% a perception thing, if there was a 49.5m release clause in his contract he’d of signed by now.

I disagree. The fact the club sanctioned a deal for grealish for £100 mil will have changed how the club was viewed by other clubs. Before then we rarely went above £60 mil now clubs know we will play ridiculous fees so imo it does have a knock on effect
If that's the case (I don't think it is) theres only one way to fix that, and that is by paying what we think a player is worth and not what the selling club want to receive.

It does seem he is reportedly desperate to leave

Will be interesting if it goes the Maguire / fred / Sanchez way - which in hindsight was a masterstroke

Or maybe the jorginho way who did pretty well at Chelsea

Have there been any updates since it looked like Brighton walked away from negotiations a couple days back? Lost where I was in the thread. Cheers.

They wasted months trying to get players they couldn’t/wouldn’t pay the required fee for.

They seem to take the word of agents as gospel, and when the selling club doesn’t play ball don’t have a back up plan.

Edit: also it’s 100% a perception thing, if there was a 49.5m release clause in his contract he’d of signed by now.
Have we really wasted months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.