Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
PL starts next week. In a month it will be 7 PL mtches without a proper left back.

Delph wasn't a 'proper left back'. We won the league with 100 pts and broke all-time records. Zinch wasn't a 'proper left back' either. We won the domestic quadruple. Cancelo isn't a proper LB. We won the league last season. We didn't have a proper striker for two seasons. We won the league both seasons.

What's proper in a non-Pep system and what's proper in a Pep system may be two very different things. Relax and enjoy the summer. City will challenge for everything again.

People on here suggesting we'll be fine heading into the season with Cancelo and walker with JWE & Ake as back ups give your heads a fucking wobble.

Clearly forgot how intense it gets towards the back end of the season when competing on all fronts for various trophies.

Last season we played Atletico twice & Liverpool twice all in the space of 11 days and only just got by. We've lost zinchenko and MUST replace him.

yep, we shit the bed in the FA Cup and CL due to a defensive crisis. We were 20 mins away from fucking the league as well.

And we’ve decided to make that overstretched defence smaller and weaker.

Think some people are going overboard with it all. If they don't want to pay 50 million walk away and get someone else, it's not the first time we've gone for second choices or rodri Dias even haaland to an extent. Then when we've overpaid it hadn't always worked

Backing off from a deal is never a good idea, if we had paid the full fee we could of had Maguire, Fred, Sanchez and even Ronaldo. These are just a few examples of players we lost out on.

All about money, he is not worried about who he plays for as long as they pay him and his agent well.
Not the impression I get. Regular starter at Brighton or second choice behind Cancelo at City only in the frame. Cucu does not come to salience in left backs but the alternatives are awful. I expect he will turn all other English suitors down, if he hasn't already.

They wasted months trying to get players they couldn’t/wouldn’t pay the required fee for.

They seem to take the word of agents as gospel, and when the selling club doesn’t play ball don’t have a back up plan.

Edit: also it’s 100% a perception thing, if there was a 49.5m release clause in his contract he’d of signed by now.
They haven’t wasted months at the end of the season Brighton we’re telling us that he would cost us £30 million and then when we got round to talks they increased the price by £20m which is ridiculous tbf.
I’m in the same boat as in we should’ve have just paid the money and they might end up doing so, which is highly unlikely, but we have to trust the board as he’s not worth £50m.
I just find it weird why chelsea are in for him now I don’t understand I think Chilwell is the top 3 LB in the league so why are they paying £50m for a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.