Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt he wants the move. I have no doubt that we will not stand in his way, but at the moment you have made 1 bid that even half the people on here think is low.
Perhaps it is low, perhaps not. The evidence suggests that the current offer is a fair offer. To say that he is worth as much as proven UCL and International forwards like Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling is a massive stretch. Sterling has 75+ caps for England and Jesus has 50+ for Brazil and they have delivered for is in some of the biggest games we’ve played over their careers at City.

In fact, the price for Zinchenko is probably closer to his fair value given the puts and takes - namely that Zinchenko is a quality squad player at City and a likely starter at most UCL squads who is capable of playing top-level football at multiple positions vs Cucurella who is a promising talent with a pedigreed background but with no proven UCL or International track record.

Additionally we paid £45 million for Kalvin Phillips, another player that is a known commodity with substantial International experience.

If City pay more than £40 million including add-ons, I will be very surprised and disappointed.

Perhaps it is low, perhaps not. The evidence suggests that the current offer is a fair offer. To say that he is worth as much as proven UCL and International forwards like Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling is a massive stretch. Sterling has 75+ caps for England and Jesus has 50+ for Brazil and they have delivered for is in some of the biggest games we’ve played over their careers at City.

In fact, the price for Zinchenko is probably closer to his fair value given the puts and takes - namely that Zinchenko is a quality squad player at City and a likely starter at most UCL squads who is capable of playing top-level football at multiple positions vs Cucurella who is a promising talent with a pedigreed background but with no proven UCL or International track record.

Additionally we paid £45 million for Kalvin Phillips, another player that is a known commodity with substantial International experience.

If City pay more than £40 million including add-ons, I will be very surprised and disappointed.
I will be equally shocked if it is less.

I imagine the first bid from Brighton will be exactly what Swansea want or more. Otherwise, that would be arrogant and disrespectful from Brighton.

Everytime I see your username, I start to sing
At six foot six and a hundred tons
The undisputed king of the slums
More aliases than Klaus Barbie
The master butcher of Leigh-on-Sea
Just about to take the stage
The one and only.....hold the front page!

Hahaha!

It’s bastard for getting stuck in your head once it’s in there, so I apologise if you’re not a fan.

I should probably ask Ric to change my name to something less directly earworm-inducing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.