Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason we sold him is because he's not good enough to start regularly, whereas Cancelo is. As a footballer he's streets ahead
I'm not saying Zinchenko was the answer. I'm saying neither is Cancelo at LB. Not against teams with class up top.

Cancelo is class, and had a very good season last season, especially on the left, today doesn’t change anything in that sense, but for numbers we need another full back clearly.

The goal that got Real back into the game was 1000% on Cancelo. He completely lost the defensive line keeping Benzema on side. Then he compounded it by not staying with the mark. If you break ranks and keep someone on side on your side you better at the very least stick with the runner. Not only did he not stick with him, he then went after him casually and lazily allowing the cross in to Rodrigo. Watch him in stoppage time in the build up to Kane's goal against Tottenham.

He didn't play in the first leg against Real because he made a sloppy dangerous tackle on the edge of the box in stoppage time vs Atletico and drew a booking and a suspension. Everyone can't be great at everything. Cancelo is technically gifted, an excellent passer and dribbler, when he is on his game, which isn't always. He is a piss poor defender, especially on the left side, whenever we play someone with legit talent up top. JMO.
cancelo is a good player to have when playing the mid and lower teams in the PL. but against top team I will not play him unless we are chasing a goal

Wait…. What??!!
I saw Cheeseman's tweet when I woke up this morning which seems the opposite of what was reported before the game. Had me wondering what he may have heard in comparison to others.

I will say after watching Cancelo we do need a proper left back. Salah tore Cancelo apart at times, no shame in that Salah is a great player, but Cancelo does leave us open to counters down that side when he's forward. I'm not going over previous defeats to back it up, and I'll put a fair bit down to us getting our legs as we are fair bit behind the others with our pre season, but it is a pressing need for us by the end of the window.

Doubt there is anything in it I think that tweet by Ian is worded horribly

Benjamin Mendy is the only left back we've signed in 10 years. We've been due 1 for at least 5 years now and with zinny gone it's amplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.