Marco Motta

Ntini77

Serie A sides Roma and Udinese are poised to transfer right-back Marco Motta to Premier League outfit Manchester City on a six-month loan deal, according to Il Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

Citizens boss Roberto Mancini has pinpointed his compatriot to address his team’s defensive problems and the 23-year-old might travel to England as early as tomorrow.

Roma director of sport Daniele Prade has revealed that talks with City are at an advanced stage and it is claimed that the English club will also hammer out the final details of the deal with Udinese tomorrow as the Friulans co-own the player with the Lupi.

Motta had joined Roma on loan last January and the Giallorossi bought half of his sporting rights in the summer.

But the player is struggling for playing time under Claudio Ranieri this term and has allegedly agreed to a temporary switch to the Citizens.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/01/24/1758859/roma-defender-marco-motta-set-for-manchester-city-switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... ity-switch</a>

Who is he ?

Why are we seemingly going after loads of players who are 'struggling' to get into the first team of their current club???

Probably because all the top players playing at the top clubs will seemingly not want to move until the summer after the Champions League / World Cup is over. If we need cover i have no problem with bringing half decent players in on a 6 month loan - if it doesn't work out then we can ship them back.

bluebloodCTID said:
Probably because all the top players playing at the top clubs will seemingly not want to move until the summer after the Champions League / World Cup is over. If we need cover i have no problem with bringing half decent players in on a 6 month loan - if it doesn't work out then we can ship them back.

yea and he's a young lad on the brink of the italian side! Cant be bad! It works both ways, players on the fringes like gago are wanting to work hard and impress before the world cup to secure their spot!

From the videos I've seen, he has shown some very good qualities and is well balanced, being good at both attacking and defensive play. He is a good size, having good height and great physical strength along with undoubted skill, not unlike Corluka in the skill department.
It is always difficult to know until playing in the prem, whether or not it will suit his style, but I would not be surprised if the deal goes through, if he didn't surprise even those who think he will be a good bet, could turn out to be a masterstroke.
Age, size, mentality, physical strength and some very silky skills, not much more required I think, and certainly doesn't shy away from getting stuck in and matching his opponents in terms of tough tackling.
No risk for City and well worth the very small gamble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.