Marco Reus

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Next year, we'll meet the release clause. Hopefully.

I think most of the top teams in Europe will be meeting his buyout clause next season, I think it's only €35m which is very reasonable for a player of his quality.

sam-caddick said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

I think most of the top teams in Europe will be meeting his buyout clause next season, I think it's only €35m which is very reasonable for a player of his quality.
Can't see Barcelona or Madrid wanting or needing him. Hopefully he won't move to Bayern. Most of the Italian teams can't afford him. That leaves us, United, PSG and Chelsea (or maybe Monaco, but probably not). Chelsea already have Schurrle, Willian and Hazard on the left.
I'd like to think we'd do everything in our power to get him, especially given how we let Hazard and Sanchez go.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
sam-caddick said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

Can't see Barcelona or Madrid wanting or needing him. Hopefully he won't move to Bayern. Most of the Italian teams can't afford him. That leaves us, United, PSG and Chelsea (or maybe Monaco, but probably not). Chelsea already have Schurrle, Willian and Hazard on the left.
I'd like to think we'd do everything in our power to get him, especially given how we let Hazard and Sanchez go.

It is most likely probably between us and United...unless PSG offer silly wages. It depends though on whether PSG sign di Maria and also if United get top 4. Chelsea, Barca, Madrid for the reasons you stated should not really be in for him now.

If I were City I would try to do a deal before the release clause kicks in, like in January. Pay a bit more but make sure to get him.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
sam-caddick said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

Watch out for Real Madrid - not needing him won't stop them they are like the perennial child in a sweet shop - anyone who looks half decent has to be snared. I wouldn't rule out Bayern moving Robben on at the end of the season (to say Man United) and replacing him with Reus.

All big sides are going to be in for him, irrespective of whether they need him or not. He is too good to pass.
Besides, there could be one more reason against us. I remember last year talking to a die hard bvb german. He was gutted that they lost goetze to bayern. But he consoled himself saying that he at least didnt move to man city for money. This is a perception amongst many germans I think. One which is used expertly by players and agents to subside the anger from fans. I hope im wrong though.

BlueindianNewcity said:
All big sides are going to be in for him, irrespective of whether they need him or not. He is too good to pass.
Besides, there could be one more reason against us. I remember last year talking to a die hard bvb german. He was gutted that they lost goetze to bayern. But he consoled himself saying that he at least didnt move to man city for money. This is a perception amongst many germans I think. One which is used expertly by players and agents to subside the anger from fans. I hope im wrong though.

I think we will be always be perceived by outsiders as a club players only go to for money.

I think until we become regular title winners, Champions League contenders, bringing kids through the academy and showing profit as a club that tag will never leave us.

He'll end up a Bayern, like every other half-decent German player does eventually. Robben and Ribery aren't getting any younger. I'd love him in Manchester though.

I'm With Stupid said:
He'll end up a Bayern, like every other half-decent German player does eventually. Robben and Ribery aren't getting any younger. I'd love him in Manchester though.

Agree with this totally. Would love him with us. Have to say though that this is the best City team I have ever seen (I'm 50!) even stronger than last year and with probably the best coach since Alison in his pomp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.