Marcos Lopes

MillionDollarDream said:
SanMarko said:
Hi everybody, I'm a french Lille fan (and Man City too) and I learnt that Marcos Lopes joined us on a one-year loan. In France, we don't know him and last Lille's attack season was pretty bad, we didn't score a lot but we had an awesome defense. So, what can this player bring to us? You think he'll play as a 10 or as a left winger? What are his qualities?
Thanks, and sorry if my english is not good!

He's capable of bringing in a few goals, great vision, quality passing and is usually on the left. Could be capable of playing as a number 10. The video above your post is a great summary of his talents.

What's the chances he'll start many games?

Great! I don't know if he'll play a lot if he plays as a winger because last year we played in 4-3-1-2, but if he plays as a 10 so it's possible to see him start a lot of games, and our coach can also play in 4-3-3 and I think he'll have his chance. And we have chances to play champions league and with our championship and our 2 cups it's possible that he play a lot.

MC ID said:
SanMarko said:
Hi everybody, I'm a french Lille fan (and Man City too) and I learnt that Marcos Lopes joined us on a one-year loan. In France, we don't know him and last Lille's attack season was pretty bad, we didn't score a lot but we had an awesome defense. So, what can this player bring to us? You think he'll play as a 10 or as a left winger? What are his qualities?

I'd assume he would play on the left more than as a 10, he'll be a creative talent for you and pitch in with a few goals. His work rate will make life easier for his team mates to both with and without the ball.

I hope this isn't too much to ask but would you be up for possibly giving us an update on his progress once in a while? Many of us think he'll be a great talent for us and it would be nice to hear the opionion of a fan who watches the full 90 and appreciates the team he's part of :)

Sure, I could put here some news about him when he play a match if I don't forget

SanMarko said:
MC ID said:
SanMarko said:

I'd assume he would play on the left more than as a 10, he'll be a creative talent for you and pitch in with a few goals. His work rate will make life easier for his team mates to both with and without the ball.

I hope this isn't too much to ask but would you be up for possibly giving us an update on his progress once in a while? Many of us think he'll be a great talent for us and it would be nice to hear the opionion of a fan who watches the full 90 and appreciates the team he's part of :)

Sure, I could put here some news about him when he play a match if I don't forget

that would be great thank you! You'd have a much better view than most of us who don't know the team/the league all that well.

I'll be cheering on france in the world cup as payment ;-)

MC ID said:
SanMarko said:
MC ID said:

that would be great thank you! You'd have a much better view than most of us who don't know the team/the league all that well.

Cool! I supported England but they did shit :(

I think he will like our club because we also have a young French and Portuguese player who is very promising and he integrates the pro team this year
Do you know where is Marcos Lopes actually? because the training restarted yesterday

SanMarko said:
MC ID said:
SanMarko said:

I think he will like our club because we also have a young French and Portuguese player who is very promising and he integrates the pro team this year
Do you know where is Marcos Lopes actually? because the training restarted yesterday
You mean he's already gone AWOL? Oh dear ;)

SanMarko said:
MC ID said:
SanMarko said:

He is participating in the 2014 UEFA European Under-19 Championship this month so I would imagine he will be with the Portuguese squad.

MillionDollarDream said:
He's capable of bringing in a few goals, great vision, quality passing and is usually on the left. Could be capable of playing as a number 10. The video above your post is a great summary of his talents.

What's the chances he'll start many games?

Last year Lille OSC mainly played as a 442 team with a diamond midfield, leaning on a strong defense and counter attacks with fast front players (Kalou, Origi, Roux). Thanks to their collective defense they got good results but the team was not completely balanced because of a weakness located on n° 10 position (Martin tried but is not prepared for that). At the end of the story it was Kalou to undertake both striker and playmaker shirts.

Looking at Marcos' vids, I can feel he is a rather adequate profile to correct this point, and he seems talented enough to quickly add value to Lille scheme. Next season the team will not change a lot, apart Kalou that could leave (we hope that the growth of Origi will compensate). Marcos will be coached by René Girard, appointed by Lille also because of his ability to grow up youngsters. He managed fairly well Origi this season.

For all those reasons, I think there will be a large room available for him to show his talent next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.