Marcos Lopes

LoveCity said:
allblackcitizen said:
A season in Spain, Portugal or Holland, almost however good, isn't really going to cut it in my book. The player still has it all to do to prove themselves at City or in the Prem.

Many of our signings come directly from La Liga (Yaya, Silva, Negredo, Navas, Aguero, Demichelis), which shouldn't be categorized with the Dutch and Portuguese leagues.

It's a good league where a big gap between Barca/Real (and now Atletico) and the rest has created the illusion that the other teams are wank. They aren't and Real/Barca would probably dominate here too. Sevilla and Valencia are in the Europa League semis and Sevilla are as good as Everton.

Lopes would be well challenged there playing against teams like Barca, Real, Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Villarreal and Sociedad. If he was guaranteed first team football there, something most English teams refuse to give, then I'd send him there. Same with Huws.
I think it is a different case with Huws. He has to prepare to the pressure and physicality in England because of his role and position, and PRL would the best place to get ready for that. Lopes has a diferent position and role which more requires technicality and so, which is why i belive spain would suit him much more.

After some of the shite I saw tonight I'd quite like Lopes to get into the squad against West Brom, the kid will put effort in to prove he belongs unlike some. I'd rather have a youngster trying his hardest than a pro who can't be arsed.

Should of been on the bench today. I said before the game that we had no back up for either Nasri or Milner on the bench and, quite frankly, they both could have been given the hook

The performance of the EDS and U18s seems like it will be one of the few bright points to take from this season. Hope some of them can get some minutes in over the next few games.

I'd like to see him go out on loan in the Championship next season. A good level where he could possibly thrive and get toughened up a bit. We did it with Emyr Huws and he's been getting rave reviews. Would probably also loan out Hiwula

FantasyIreland said:
Malty said:
I want to see more of the lad.

Injured at present so don't get your hopes up.

I was hoping his twitter post was a clever PR technique to avoid confirming he was in the senior squad but explain why he was absent from the EDS team.

Probably not, though.

I really want to see this lad get some game time next season.

I have a feeling though that Jason Kreis will try and persuade City to get him on loan for a season at NYCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.