Marcos Lopes

Grieffymcfcctid said:
he wouldnt get a sniff at everton, be spending most of his time on the bench! southampton is more likely!

Southampton have arguably the best academy in the country so I doubt they will be promoting other teams academy starlets when they have plenty of their own.

Everton would be a good shout in my opinion, Deulofeu has got plenty of game time there and is likely to be back in Barcelona next year due to their transfer ban, Martinez plays the City way so I wonder if Txiki can have a word and offer Marcos for a season.

Everton would be very keen to bring in players with the increase in squad required for european football. Heard Martinez talk about needing 8 signings in the summer, so he'll almost certainly be looking at the loan market

BigOscar said:
Everton would be very keen to bring in players with the increase in squad required for european football. Heard Martinez talk about needing 8 signings in the summer, so he'll almost certainly be looking at the loan market

I agree, plus even if they get Europa football next year I reckon Martinez will see that as potentially his best chance of getting into the Champions League next season by winning the competition.

United, Arsenal and Tottenham will all most likely be better next season and I doubt Everton will have the likes of Lukaku playing for them, this season was arguably their best chance to break into the top 4.

I hope Martinez saw what Marcos did in the League Cup for us and will take him for a year.

Every Premier League loan of a promising City player lately (Weiss, Boyata, Guidetti) has ended in complete disaster so I would be wary without ironclad guarantees or he'll end up playing for their U21s.

La Liga has clubs on the financial brink begging for players and may be a better outlet. Guidetti would have started every week at Betis or Malaga.

LoveCity said:
Every Premier League loan of a promising City player lately (Weiss, Boyata, Guidetti) has ended in complete disaster so I would be wary without ironclad guarantees or he'll end up playing for their U21s.

La Liga has clubs on the financial brink begging for players and may be a better outlet. Guidetti would have started every week at Betis or Malaga.

I agree, Spain for me would be the most ideal destination because we know due to the financial strains towards the lower end of the league the teams down there thrive on bringing young talent through or loaning young talent.

Lopes would likely play every week in La Liga for someone like Betis.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

I agree, Spain for me would be the most ideal destination because we know due to the financial strains towards the lower end of the league the teams down there thrive on bringing young talent through or loaning young talent.

Not next season he wouldn't...

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

Not so sure. Weiss, Boyata and, probably, Guidetti didn't/don't get the starts because they weren't good enough or had attitude problems. If Lopes is going to make the leap to our first team squad, assuming he isn't promoted directly, the best preparation would be at a Prem club (and Everton is a decent shout). A season in Spain, Portugal or Holland, almost however good, isn't really going to cut it in my book. The player still has it all to do to prove themselves at City or in the Prem. When they come back from a loan abroad they are not quite back to square one, but almost. Rekik will face this problem and Guidetti has had it too, albeit illness and injury have played a big part too.

Agree that more needs to done to try to get assurances of playing time if loaning to other Prem clubs, but it's obviously difficult.

allblackcitizen said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

Not so sure. Weiss, Boyata and, probably, Guidetti didn't/don't get the starts because they weren't good enough or had attitude problems. If Lopes is going to make the leap to our first team squad, assuming he isn't promoted directly, the best preparation would be at a Prem club (and Everton is a decent shout). A season in Spain, Portugal or Holland, almost however good, isn't really going to cut it in my book. The player still has it all to do to prove themselves at City or in the Prem. When they come back from a loan abroad they are not quite back to square one, but almost. Rekik will face this problem and Guidetti has had it too, albeit illness and injury have played a big part too.

Agree that more needs to done to try to get assurances of playing time if loaning to other Prem clubs, but it's obviously difficult.

I think your overestimating the Premier League when you say he still has to come and prove himself at City and in the Prermier League.

Rekik and Guidetti went to Holland whilst La Liga is arguably the best league in the world as we have seen two Spanish semi-finalists in each of the Champions League and Europa League this season.

If a player can prove himself in Spain then they will be good enough for City in my opinion, they play a more technical game over there which suits our youth perfectly to allow them to develop their game and be ready for our technical game.

Only Everton who play similar football to us would give our youth a possible look in but that is only because of Martinez, the other Premier League clubs I would think about would be Southampton but they have their own top class academy bringing them kids through and Swansea would be an interesting shout but they have the funds to buy proven talent, they won't want to be relying on a kid to help them stay in the league.

The Premier League is arguably the worst league in the world to send kids out and let be developed.

Spain is good because the lower division teams don't have the money to buy proven talent like the lower division teams do in the Premiership so the loanee kids will likely play every week.

You only have to see what Almeria has done for Liverpool's Suso, 7 assists this season with him making a name for himself as a possible Spain regular in the future, he will no doubt become a regular for Liverpool next season.

allblackcitizen said:
A season in Spain, Portugal or Holland, almost however good, isn't really going to cut it in my book. The player still has it all to do to prove themselves at City or in the Prem.

Many of our signings come directly from La Liga (Yaya, Silva, Negredo, Navas, Aguero, Demichelis), which shouldn't be categorized with the Dutch and Portuguese leagues.

It's a good league where a big gap between Barca/Real (and now Atletico) and the rest has created the illusion that the other teams are wank. They aren't and Real/Barca would probably dominate here too. Sevilla and Valencia are in the Europa League semis and Sevilla are as good as Everton.

Lopes would be well challenged there playing against teams like Barca, Real, Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Villarreal and Sociedad. If he was guaranteed first team football there, something most English teams refuse to give, then I'd send him there. Same with Huws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.