Mario Balotelli

Pigeonho said:
In an inferior league. When he played for us I saw little that told me that given a full season of starting every game, he would hit the 25 goals mark.
How many times do I have to say it, in our title winning season he scored 13 goals at a rate of 100 minutes per goal. A rate better than Aguero's who scored 23 because he played a lot more minutes. whereas Balotelli had to split his playing time with Dzeko who played 1500 minutes and Tevez played seven games as well. So, yes, yes you did see it, you just didn't care to notice it. Benteke's rate last season by the way was 148.6 minutes per goal. Also Benteke has been their focal point for goals, always their main striker last season, Balotelli was ours for about two or three months of the title winning season between October and December 2011. Now that Balotelli's Milan's focal point, he's scoring for fun again. It's not fucking quantum physics, put a natural goal scorer up top and make him the focal point for your scoring and he will score a bag load. At City we had multiple people competing with Balotelli for playing time and playing position. At Milan, he's their main man, which is what he needs to be. That's why I was glad to see him go. He was too good to warm a bench for City and he's proving it for Milan and for Italy.

Pigeonho said:
ACMilan said:
Pigeonho said:
But not the better player.

Mario scored at a goal a game since he arrived at Milan.

This will be his first season as a pure starter. Ill be my balls that (unless he gets injured for any length) he'll outscore Benteke

easily
In an inferior league. When he played for us I saw little that told me that given a full season of starting every game, he would hit the 25 goals mark.
Tbh mate like you & many others i was on the mario thread a lot giving him grief
And I never thought he would do anything at Milan so fair play to him he had a pretty impressive start
On reflection maybe we should of giving him a run of games and made him the focal point up front as skas said,always going to be hard though with Sergio and our other strikers a abt
I reckon Milan got him on cheap now too

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Skashion said:
[That's why I was glad to see him go. He was too good to warm a bench for City and he's proving it for Milan and for Italy.
Does this mean that your love for Mario is greater than your love for City?......
I will soon be publishing a three volume collection of my love sonnets for Mario, I'll assume I can put you down for a pre-order?

The cookie monster said:
On reflection maybe we should of giving him a run of games and made him the focal point up front as skas said,always going to be hard though with Sergio and our other strikers a abt
All too easy with hindsight isn't it. I didn't think Mancini would be going so I backed his decision to pick Tevez over Balotelli even though I disagreed with it and I also supported us selling Mario thinking his playing time would be very limited. Then both Mancini and Tevez leave which could well have left the door open for Mario had we kept him four months longer. Iz football.

Skashion said:
Skashion said:
[That's why I was glad to see him go. He was too good to warm a bench for City and he's proving it for Milan and for Italy.
Does this mean that your love for Mario is greater than your love for City?......
I will soon be publishing a three volume collection of my love sonnets for Mario, I'll assume I can put you down for a pre-order?

Sonnets aren't my thing, baby.

Stick some limericks in there and I'm game, though!

FWIW at this point, I think Balo would have thrived in the MP system just like we are going to see Negredo do (bless Dzeko, he's a tryer but it wont before long before he is pushed out of the starting line up by Alvaro).

Wish the daft **** all the best, right player wrong time.

Skashion said:
Skashion said:

The cookie monster said:
All too easy with hindsight isn't it. I didn't think Mancini would be going so I backed his decision to pick Tevez over Balotelli even though I disagreed with it and I also supported us selling Mario thinking his playing time would be very limited. Then both Mancini and Tevez leave which could well have left the door open for Mario had we kept him four months longer. Iz football.
I think when mario got suspended and forced bobby to play tevez, that was the turning point in the season and helped us win the league. At that point mario had a run of games in the starting 11 and it just wasn't workin out. I think he is an incredibly gifted player but I don't think it would have ever worked out in the premier league. He has lots of talent but his potential would not have been fulfilled if he stayed with us. He was very entertaining and he will always go down in city folk law for some of the things but the clubs needs less controversy at the moment. I'm sure we all wish mario well and will get a great reception if he ever returns in a match.

Skashion said:
Pigeonho said:
How many times do I have to say it, in our title winning season he scored 13 goals at a rate of 100 minutes per goal. A rate better than Aguero's who scored 23 because he played a lot more minutes. whereas Balotelli had to split his playing time with Dzeko who played 1500 minutes and Tevez played seven games as well. So, yes, yes you did see it, you just didn't care to notice it. Benteke's rate last season by the way was 148.6 minutes per goal. Also Benteke has been their focal point for goals, always their main striker last season, Balotelli was ours for about two or three months of the title winning season between October and December 2011. Now that Balotelli's Milan's focal point, he's scoring for fun again. It's not fucking quantum physics, put a natural goal scorer up top and make him the focal point for your scoring and he will score a bag load. At City we had multiple people competing with Balotelli for playing time and playing position. At Milan, he's their main man, which is what he needs to be. That's why I was glad to see him go. He was too good to warm a bench for City and he's proving it for Milan and for Italy.
Some good points. Balotelli was also played out of position most games for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.