Mario - I'll walk off pitch if faced with racism

leipzigblue said:
I've just watched that Panorama on BBC IPlayer tonight as it was recommended to me by my colleague, whose brother was the cameraman.

That has to be one of the worst, sensationalist, xenophobic, biased, Sun-style pieces of journalism I've ever seen.
From the tone of the reporter's voice, to Sol Campbell's reactions. Embarrassing.

Sure, there is racism in Poland and the Ukraine, just like everywhere else in football (John Terry, Ron Atkinson, etc.), but for the BBC to put out a scaremongering 'story' like that is utter shite journalism. If I remember correctly, similar to what they did with South Africa. And did we see the 'expected' problems in 2010?

Some of the things were disgusting, from the Nazi salutes, to attacking the Asian fans (how do we actually know that it was a racist attack, and not to do with something else? They didn't just attack non-white fans.), and fair play for highlighting these actions. But this was one of the worst examples I've ever seen of the press trying to influence the public's opinion.

The best for me was when they showed the flag of SS (Societa Sportiva) Lazio while the reporter said there were signs of Nazi insignia everywhere. What a dick! Does he know nothing about football?

I used to like Panorama when I was a kid. This programme tells me that something's changed.
Either:
The BBC is not as impartial as I thought it was.
The BBC are trying to be xenophobic.
We have severed diplomatic relations with Poland and Ukraine.
The government commissioned it to whip up a hate campaign against Poles and Ukrainians working in the UK.
The FA commissioned it to have an explanation for why no England fans are going to the games.

I agree with the general tone. Suggesting that other countries (that are capable) don't deserve, or shouldn't be allowed to host a major sports tournament, just smacks of British nationalism, and self-entitlement. I can't help but think that programme has been fuelled by Russia being picked over England for World Cup 2018, and just wants to brand the Eastern European region as not being fit to host football tournaments.

moon said:
DaveTheYid said:
That Panorama programme made things a lot worse than they actually are; Sol Campbell didn't help things with his stupid "coffin" remark.

Mario's right in his stance and by making his attitude public, Uefa have to sit up and take notice of the racism.

UEFA think Bendtners pants are more offensive than Racist chants

That's a common misconception.

Firstly; It's completely different as Bendtners was HIMSELF being found guilty while the racism charge was for the fans, The croatian or what ever football federation will argue that It wasn't them being racist so why do they have to pay the fine.

I don't agree with a fine; They should be forced to play a couple of there games behind closed doors to punish the FANS and not the federation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.