Mario moving on

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but that performance he put in vs the rags in one of his last games or maybe his last was one of the worst performances I’ve seen. He provided some moments which shown his quality but overall he was just a waste
Agreed. Nice lad, probably a great laugh, kind heart, top joker. I know loads of people like that and they are all great, and friends. None of them played for City though, and if they all did I would want them not to be like that at all when they did

I thought it sounded unlikely as I don't see Mad Mario running away from Bridge. He comes across as a decent bloke and he did well in that SAS programme, in fact he may have won, so he may possess an inner strength that doesn't show on the surface. I've come across one or two guys in my time who looked like they couldn't fight sleep but were as hard as nails.
Not sure if many remember but City had a boxing coach come in and do a load of training with the players, when asked if any of the players could have had a career in boxing , he replied “yes, Wayne Bridge “, so maybe not so unbelievable .

Mario was just the right thing at the time for me. A well thought out gamble. Mario turns out better than Messi and we’ve got the dogs bollox. Mario ( as it turned out) is mad as a box of frogs and we’re on every single front page, let alone back page. I just think the club thought he was worth the risk publicity wise. Had a great evening with Chappy a while back and he loved Mario and agreed that he’s just a genuine guy and really is daft as a brush. The wink at Wembley was legend for me. For that he’s a good ‘un in my eyes .
Apparently, HRH loved Mario, as he brought publicity to Manchester City.

If Mario was good enough for Sheikh Mansour, he's good enough for me.

Not sure if many remember but City had a boxing coach come in and do a load of training with the players, when asked if any of the players could have had a career in boxing , he replied “yes, Wayne Bridge “, so maybe not so unbelievable .
I do remember this and the suggestion was that Bridge could have been a pro boxer if he wasn’t a footballer. Based on his performances for us, perhaps he should have been.

I wonder if wasted talent like him ever think back to what might have been if they had applied themselves more. I think I read somewhere that he never really enjoyed football which will explain his apathy towards the game. He was a character that's for sure and will always be remembered by City fans for "why always me", the wink, the pass, the song and few beautiful goals.
Earned multi millions, won silverware and adulation, had a fcukin good laugh and probably shagged more women than you and I could shake a stick at.

What might have been? I doubt it.

Last edited:
I remember him fly kicking a guy square in the chest. Straight red and out the Europe ee went.
Square in the chest?? It was a high boot aimed at the ball that barely creased the Kiev player's shirt on its way down. Of course the Kiev player went down as if there was a Russian sniper in the crowd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.