Mario or Edin?

didactic said:
shikariblue said:
No, I'm not saying Balo isn't great. But you can't say Dzeko isn't. In those first 3 games of the season, when Dzeko was unstoppable, I cannot say Balotelli has exceeded those performances yet. Maybe equalled it or just fallen short, but never exceeded. So we do know what Edin is capable of.

Yes Dzekjo has great games but every game Mario plays even when he is poor he shows greatness. You will understand. I love them both but Mario is probably the best striker I have had the pleasure of watching live.

I agree with you in the Balotelli instance but I still think you underrate Dzeko. Nothing against you though.

didactic said:
shikariblue said:
No, I'm not saying Balo isn't great. But you can't say Dzeko isn't. In those first 3 games of the season, when Dzeko was unstoppable, I cannot say Balotelli has exceeded those performances yet. Maybe equalled it or just fallen short, but never exceeded. So we do know what Edin is capable of.

Yes Dzekjo has great games but every game Mario plays even when he is poor he shows greatness. You will understand. I love them both but Mario is probably the best striker I have had the pleasure of watching live.

This is urban myth bout the greatness. In Football it ain t everything bout the pitch present. Ex. our players tolerated Tevez only because he was useful, Dzeko is a completly another type of Player.

When a player becomes constant, like Dzeko is tending to do then he is showing true greatness.

Balotelli will need alot time to became a better Footballer than Dzeko is.

didactic said:
byronic said:
Impossible to mark - yet Dzeko outscores him last 5 seasons by a factor of, what, 3? But alright, Dzeko is 4 years older, though Balo did get a big break at a great club at 17.
Anyway, ridiculous and annoying discussion with a lot of ignorant shit thrown about.
Balotelli and Dzeko are pretty close overall.
Dzeko's advantage right now is his mentality and experience.
Balo is probably slightly faster and better running with the ball and is a bit more agile.
Their passing is about the same, though edge probably goes to Dzeko (e.g. the biggest chance creator in the league), and he DOES have better awareness/footballing intelligence and less selfishness.
Dzeko is a better finisher.
Balo is better at set-pieces.
Balo is more versatile in a formation.
Heading probably about same.

I love both players. Both are needed. Both are doing great.
P.S. Did I say: ridiculous thread?

Mate Mario played in Seria A at a younger age where 1 nil wins are the norm. Dzeko played in Germany be serious please you think Balotelli could not score 20 plus in that league. Listen to managers and what they say. If you offered Mario up purple nose would give up 10 of his youngsters. Mario is a superstar you just dont get it because you are blinded by national loyalty. Mario is a better player.
Not to mention it is a pointless comparison without taking into consideration total minutes on the pitch over the "last 5 seasons" :/

Bad argument mate

Goals wise:

Balo: 16 goals in 35 games for us
Dzeko: 18 goals in 34 games for us

So not much difference.

didactic said:
byronic said:
Impossible to mark - yet Dzeko outscores him last 5 seasons by a factor of, what, 3? But alright, Dzeko is 4 years older, though Balo did get a big break at a great club at 17.
Anyway, ridiculous and annoying discussion with a lot of ignorant shit thrown about.
Balotelli and Dzeko are pretty close overall.
Dzeko's advantage right now is his mentality and experience.
Balo is probably slightly faster and better running with the ball and is a bit more agile.
Their passing is about the same, though edge probably goes to Dzeko (e.g. the biggest chance creator in the league), and he DOES have better awareness/footballing intelligence and less selfishness.
Dzeko is a better finisher.
Balo is better at set-pieces.
Balo is more versatile in a formation.
Heading probably about same.

I love both players. Both are needed. Both are doing great.
P.S. Did I say: ridiculous thread?

Mate Mario played in Seria A at a younger age where 1 nil wins are the norm. Dzeko played in Germany be serious please you think Balotelli could not score 20 plus in that league. Listen to managers and what they say. If you offered Mario up purple nose would give up 10 of his youngsters. Mario is a superstar you just dont get it because you are blinded by national loyalty. Mario is a better player.

No, Mario is a potential superstar, and I've seen bigger talents fail... And my post has nothing to do with Dzeko :)<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:14 am --<br /><br />
shikariblue said:
Goals wise:

Balo: 16 goals in 35 games for us
Dzeko: 18 goals in 34 games for us

So not much difference.

I would pair Dzeko with Aguero or Balo rather than Aguero and Balo but if it was a sole striker role, then I'd go with Balotetli!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.