Mario quote in The Observer

simonk

There was a great article on Mario in yesterdays Guardian, and today there is a nice quote from him in a piece about tonights game.

" Balotelli was asked about James Milners observation that he has two sides. One that can score spectacular goals and win matches, and one that does not train when it is cold and has a questionable attitude. "Hes lucky" the striker said. " He knows two Balotellis."

Always raises a smile. Would love to see him score - but would be at the cost of Hart, and maybe Jole. Maybe one screamer that no keeper in the world could have saved in a 3.1 win.

Link to yesterdays piece below:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/22/euro-2012-italy-mario-balotelli" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... -balotelli</a>

love that quote!

Itv tried to ask him some questions after training, he responded to s question along the lines if 'are you looking forward to playing England?' With 'one I don't speak English and two don't ask me questions'

The guy has the ability to do anything at any time, hope he doesn't do too much tonight mind!

Mario is in a lose-lose situation tonight, in this country at least.

Score the winner that sends England home and he'll never be forgiven on these shores. The redtops will rip him apart.
Lose it, get sent off and England win and he'll be slagged off and labelled a 'liability' for a long long time.

A draw would do me but then it'd be penalty's and we know what'll happen if Mario is still on the pitch.

stonerblue said:
Mario is in a lose-lose situation tonight, in this country at least.

Score the winner that sends England home and he'll never be forgiven on these shores. The redtops will rip him apart.
Lose it, get sent off and England win and he'll be slagged off and labelled a 'liability' for a long long time.

A draw would do me but then it'd be penalty's and we know what'll happen if Mario is still on the pitch.

I dont know whats more disturbing. The fact that we agree on something, or the fact that Mario will never be allowed to be the player he really is, due to the press in this country.

I think it will only enhance his reputation as a player if he scores the goal which defeats England.

Where he will have a problem is if he cheats England out of it by diving etc or blows Italy's chances by being a twat. If either of those things happen, he deserves any shit which comes his way.

If he wins the game fair & square he will not get any extra shit because of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.