Mario quote in The Observer

stonerblue said:
Mario is in a lose-lose situation tonight, in this country at least.

Score the winner that sends England home and he'll never be forgiven on these shores. The redtops will rip him apart.
Lose it, get sent off and England win and he'll be slagged off and labelled a 'liability' for a long long time.

A draw would do me but then it'd be penalty's and we know what'll happen if Mario is still on the pitch.
I hope he scores a hat-trick.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
stonerblue said:
Mario is in a lose-lose situation tonight, in this country at least.

Score the winner that sends England home and he'll never be forgiven on these shores. The redtops will rip him apart.
Lose it, get sent off and England win and he'll be slagged off and labelled a 'liability' for a long long time.

A draw would do me but then it'd be penalty's and we know what'll happen if Mario is still on the pitch.
I hope he scores a hat-trick.

past Joe Hart?

Agree with Kneville,

If he scores a fair goal to sink us, then our lack of expectation from this squad coupled with the potential everyone knows he has will not do him any harm at all - we are pretty good as a nation at appreciating quality (even despite the despicable hand of god incident, we still drool over the second Maradonna goal in 86 - in fact, most of the blame is heaped on our own static attempts to stop him.)

If anything, will just promote his abilities in the glare of the world's media eye - which can only be a good thing for us - more fear for everyone else.

Just hope he plays well, we win, no damage done.

Scores a worldy, Hart makes world class saves from him, the worldy he scores earns a draw, but we win on penalties even though Balo scores against Hart, Hart makes worldy save from one of his compatriots.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:14 am --<br /><br />Love Mario hate the press.

Rammyblues said:
Scores a worldy, Hart makes world class saves from him, the worldy he scores earns a draw, but we win on penalties even though Balo scores against Hart, Hart makes worldy save from one of his compatriots and then fires in the winning penalty.

The night of our Premier League glory, we were in Shambles Square and the boys I was with said we were going off to San Carlo. I was like "what we're going for food? ... I need more beers" (I really didn't).

I'm stood inside by the door, while they're getting the drinks in, and I look outside to see "an entourage coming with a certain someone at the head of it".

I tell everyone to keep it down...look whose coming...absolute silence...

I opened the door, and when everyone in the place realised who was there the roof nearly came off: absolute pandebloodymoneum: Mario's face was an absolute picture!!!

If he was ever unsure he was loved he certainly knew that night!

205323_10151036795526131_1211102708_n.jpg

Well one things for damn sure, he's already been more entertaining at this competition than Spain, and the press line up round the block to suck them off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.