Mario, time to say goodbye?

I enjoy threads like this because they highlight the dicks and out the Rags.

Mario, just needs protecting by the club. At the moment...yes...he gets a booking in his first challenge and refs watch him like a hawk ( unless of course there is a coming together in slo -mo that looked fine at the time...then they didn't quite see it )

He is more than a talent. He is a star and a young star to. We don't get rid just because everyone ,(Fa included ) wants a slice of Mario. The media will eventually turn and Mario will start to get decisions he didn't get before. He will receive ref protection ala Ronaldo ( don't forgert though when Ronaldo was booked it was for cheating dives and petulance) once that's gone from Mario he will start to get fouls given when players go anywhere near him.

The media will know exactly when to spin the dial and when they do everything will change. Afterall Mario is the gift that justs keeps giving.

Are you all out of your mind? Get rid of Balo? Yes I am fan of Edin, not fan of MCFC and that´s why I come here only to read treads and rarely post but countrary to most of Bosnian Dzeko brigade I don´t dislike other city players as I think you have very interesting team who can from now on crush Scum Utd every time you play them. As for Balo, it´s not just his talent that should be reason to not even think of getting rid of him, all he does is brilliant and makes City different than other teams. He loves everyone in the team and everyone loves him. I don´t get why are the British media so arrogant when it comes to Balo cause he offers to football something completely different. And other thing I don´t get from you City fans is how can you be so arrogant most of the time and give ur self right to say get rid of players such as Mario, Edin, Kolo etc. Only yesterday you could only dream of having at least on of these players in your time and now you have complete team made of stars. How you got so greedy is sometimes beyond me. It´s not yours money that get you players, it´s Mansours so be thankful for what you got and enjoy the ride. That´s all, peace and out.

Pigeonho said:
Good post TH. I'd agree with that swap deal too, suits everyone concerned. Personally I wouldn't miss the paying for petrol for everyone, turning up at colleges, buying rounds in a Wythenshawe boozer or anything else off the pitch as its all meaningless. Yes it raises a smile and yes people want to ruffle his hair in 'you loveable scallywag' kind of way, but on the pitch is where it matters and in the main, he's let himself and us down more than not.
A swap for a player who will do it purely on the pitch would make sense. Not denying Balotelli has quality, he has it in abundance but he also has a silly streak which spoils it.
Do you think this could be a goer?

He didn't 'let me down' when he smashed in the winner on Sunday. Or the fa cup semi and final last season. Or in any other match he's played for us.
His sending off against the scousers was a fuckin joke

The whole situation reminds me of the Gazza years and the way the press pretty much ruined him off andd on the pitch.

stonerblue said:
Pigeonho said:
Good post TH. I'd agree with that swap deal too, suits everyone concerned. Personally I wouldn't miss the paying for petrol for everyone, turning up at colleges, buying rounds in a Wythenshawe boozer or anything else off the pitch as its all meaningless. Yes it raises a smile and yes people want to ruffle his hair in 'you loveable scallywag' kind of way, but on the pitch is where it matters and in the main, he's let himself and us down more than not.
A swap for a player who will do it purely on the pitch would make sense. Not denying Balotelli has quality, he has it in abundance but he also has a silly streak which spoils it.
Do you think this could be a goer?

He didn't 'let me down' when he smashed in the winner on Sunday. Or the fa cup semi and final last season. Or in any other match he's played for us.
His sending off against the scousers was a fuckin joke

The whole situation reminds me of the Gazza years and the way the press pretty much ruined him off andd on the pitch.

Nor me, and the analogy regarding Gazza is also spot on. Characters like Mario are what makes football so entertaining, despite their flaws. Lets not forget a similar ''Character,'' the rag Gallic thug that not only fouled on the pitch but also launched flying tackles at the crowd and was fondly perceived by the rags and media as some sort of lovable eccentric.
To even consider abandoning such an asset would be nothing short of madness.

samharris said:
I wish this thread had been named " Mario !! where do we go from here"??

Unfortunately, that wouldn't get as much attention, sort of like the Sun's headlines.

don't care how nuts he is. entertainment off the pitch and he's scored 9 goals in the league. enough for me.

redmizzle said:
samharris said:
I wish this thread had been named " Mario !! where do we go from here"??

Unfortunately, that wouldn't get as much attention, sort of like the Sun's headlines.

Gives the opposition fans ammo against us in our time of woe.. If the subject is good enough it doesnt need a dramatic thread name..

Just my take and I could well be wrong..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.