Mario

Ricster

Give credit where credit is due. This lad was a great improvement yesterday. Chased and harried at times, looked sharper than he has all season, worked for the team, and kept his head.

Having watched the game back on tv last night, in the 2nd half Mario seemed to be fouled but in the falling of the 2 players, Mario took a knock to the head. Howard Webb came over and showed Mario compassion, even though he didnt give the free kick. Mario seemed to appreciate the respect shown by Webb, who sort of a fatherly way, wiped away any bump Mario had.

Mario, if you read BM, more of the same please. Well done.

Yes he did he really tried yesterday was non existant for a huge part of the second half but hes a top player and looked like he was having fun yesterday.

When he was laughing after his free kick in the last second.

This. He was excellent and even though he took a few knocks AND he didn't score he still played hard and finished strong. More of this please, Ballo.

Thought he did well too. I think a lot of him losing his temper is that he doesn't get fed with the ball when he makes a run and this has been getting him frustrated. In the 1st half it looked like the others had him on a diet! His passing throughout was a lot better than it has been and made some lovely runs with the ball throughout the game. His skill and control at times is unbelievable. You can see that he's got the ability to turn a game on it's head. It's not happened yet but come the day, the doubters will see that we have a truly world class player.

Well done with your attitude today Mario, you have put yourself a marker down for how to continue.

Mario seemed to be a lot happier yesterday.
Looked like he was enjoying himself.

Played with a big smile, so hopefully he's starting to feel the love ;-)

More of the same please Mario :-)

Ricster said:
Give credit where credit is due. This lad was a great improvement yesterday. Chased and harried at times, looked sharper than he has all season, worked for the team, and kept his head.

Having watched the game back on tv last night, in the 2nd half Mario seemed to be fouled but in the falling of the 2 players, Mario took a knock to the head. Howard Webb came over and showed Mario compassion, even though he didnt give the free kick. Mario seemed to appreciate the respect shown by Webb, who sort of a fatherly way, wiped away any bump Mario had.

Mario, if you read BM, more of the same please. Well done.

I was just about to post the same topic. I thought he gave a very solid, professional display yesterday and he was unlucky not to score a couple of crackers. The Sunderland keeper pulled off a couple of great saves.

he got kicked more today than in previous games and didnt rise

smiled

clapped

put in an alright shift

showed more and more glimpses of the 'real mario'

best game in a city shirt to date, well done lad keep it up

you lot must watch a different game !!! what did he actually contribute ? so he closed play down once or twice... wow.. he is supposedly a world class player and for me has shown nothing yet. He needs to look around the world even just the premier league and look at how the game is playeds over here. dare i say it harnandez is leading the way on how to worry defenders

the jury is still well and truly out for me<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
he got kicked more today than in previous games and didnt rise

smiled

clapped

put in an alright shift

showed more and more glimpses of the 'real mario'

best game in a city shirt to date, well done lad keep it up

so this means he had a good game !!! laughable

I think you are doing him a disservice. While he wasn't amazing he did contribute. The freekick, the shot that led to Silva's goal, a few fantastic passes to Tevez, the run where he beat a couple of players and forced a save from their keeper etc. He also made a couple of great runs off the ball when Tevez had the ball, but wasn't played through.

mekonmcfc said:
you lot must watch a different game !!! what did he actually contribute ? so he closed play down once or twice... wow.. he is supposedly a world class player and for me has shown nothing yet. He needs to look around the world even just the premier league and look at how the game is playeds over here. dare i say it harnandez is leading the way on how to worry defenders

the jury is still well and truly out for me

There were 4-5 points in the game where he showed real class. The way he creates space for himself to release the shot is quite amazing. The only downside to his play yesterday was a couple of pedestrian passes. The original shot that the Sunderland keeper saved was moving all over the place and could've easily gone. The free kick brought out a pretty special save aswell. Yes I think we watched different games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.