Mario

For me last 30 minutes he was 9/10

For first 60 he was 6/10

Overall he was 7/10. He played well and there were no issues so it was a big improvement

There are a handful of players in world football who clearly have the talent, seem to wander about the pitch doin' a bit o' chasin' now an' then, until POW! Summat out o' nowt. Mario's one of those.

You won't get him doin' the Tevez stuff, chasin, holding the ball, harryin'; yer won't get 'im doin' the David S stuff, eyin' up, short an' long passes, reverses, the odd goal; yer won't see 'im doin' the Adam J stuff. He is an explosive kind of player - the shot that hit someone in the first half and the free kick at the end - the swerve an' dip on the free kick were summat else. He will win us a match when were up against it with just one nanosecond-long piece of sublime skill.

Very disciplined performance yesterday.

He was in and out of the game , but did appear to show a bit more interest to actually play football than of late ..... he can still do a lot more though , .and he needs to if he has true aspirations to be the best ....

and if he gets the chance at Livepool and Wembley he has to look interested there too , because you can bet that Suarez and Rooney will!

albindgreat said:
mekonmcfc said:
so in 90 minutes a world class player has contributed 2 meaningful things !!! well he deserves his £150k now thats for sure

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 am --

well not really difficult to improve on his performances was it !!!!

your comments are a disgrace mate... you better get a treatment for cataract... mario was very good yesterday... tell me what your world class players tevez,aj,silva did yesterday that mario couldnt except their goals... mario was the best offensive player yesterday... he was miles better than tevez who couldnt even get a shot on target except the penalty...

what a tit you are !!! you clearly know nothing about football and have probably never played the game. if you think AJ,Silva and Tevez did nothing !!! dont even post if you are going to spout such drivel you make yourself look extremely silly

As one of Mario's biggest critics I must congratulate him on a job well done today, not only as a footballer but also as a representative of out great club.

Well done Mario and keep on the up and up.

He sure divides people.
A couple of guys behind me spent the whole game yelling abuse and concluded that he'll never make a Prem. Player.

He seems to expend very little energy when we are defending but surely he's more use to us awaiting the fast break out if it comes (titter ye not).
He's useful in the air at defending corners but not really aware at tracking a player.
Has an explosive shot on him. Nearly broke a couple of S'land players in two when they got in the way.
Shows great intelligence in his positioning going forward playing off the shoulder of his defender, staying onside (unlike Ade) and often accounting for two defenders thus creating space for others.
I'm no tactical expert and have never played the game but Mario seems to me to have raw talent and skill in abundence and is still only 20.
I'll bet Baconface would just love to have him to work with.

Oh, and he doesn't get 150k per week. 70 or 90 depending on who you believe.

mekonmcfc said:
you lot must watch a different game !!! what did he actually contribute ? so he closed play down once or twice... wow.. he is supposedly a world class player and for me has shown nothing yet. He needs to look around the world even just the premier league and look at how the game is playeds over here. dare i say it harnandez is leading the way on how to worry defenders

the jury is still well and truly out for me

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am --

forevermancity said:
he got kicked more today than in previous games and didnt rise

smiled

clapped

put in an alright shift

showed more and more glimpses of the 'real mario'

best game in a city shirt to date, well done lad keep it up

so this means he had a good game !!! laughable

Comparing Balo and Hernandez is laughable tbh mate..
How many free kicks does Hernandez take ?? answer= 0
How many players does Hernandez take on and beat ?? answer=0
How many attempts does Hernandez try from outside the box ?? answer=0
How many fleeting powerful runs does Hernandez make ?? answer=0
Comparing a goal hanger to Balo is laughable..

Balo's goal to game ratio is better than Hernandez btw.

mekonmcfc said:
albindgreat said:
your comments are a disgrace mate... you better get a treatment for cataract... mario was very good yesterday... tell me what your world class players tevez,aj,silva did yesterday that mario couldnt except their goals... mario was the best offensive player yesterday... he was miles better than tevez who couldnt even get a shot on target except the penalty...

what a tit you are !!! you clearly know nothing about football and have probably never played the game. if you think AJ,Silva and Tevez did nothing !!! dont even post if you are going to spout such drivel you make yourself look extremely silly

If you beat a team 5-0 and dominate a game like yesterday every out field player has to perform! Every player for me got at least a 7/10! And I think it was Bally best game for us! If us fans can't come on here and say that! without being ridaculed there's something wrong! Especially when there's enough threads having a go at our players on here!

mekonmcfc said:
albindgreat said:

haha... tell me what they did that mario couldnt yesterday... there was an earlier post that explained what mario did yesterday on the pitch... and you questioned it whether those things would make him world class... tell me what aj,tevez and silva did in the last game that mario couldnt, if you consider any of them world class... as i said earlier,you are deluded mate with anti-mario eyes...
if i havent played football,i bet you even havent watched football, by those comments...<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:11 pm --<br /><br />mr.meckon mcfc

you have compared mario barwuah balotelli with javier chicharito hernandez...
that sums up your football knowledge for me... fuck off to redcafe...

albindgreat said:
mekonmcfc said:

haha... tell me what they did that mario couldnt yesterday... there was an earlier post that explained what mario did yesterday on the pitch... and you questioned it whether those things would make him world class... tell me what aj,tevez and silva did in the last game that mario couldnt, if you consider any of them world class... as i said earlier,you are deluded mate with anti-mario eyes...
if i havent played football,i bet you even havent watched football, by those comments...

shut up fool ... at present i am an anti mario,as he has a lot to do to make up for his piss poor showings so far, he cost us europe for being a dick, he has contributed nothing as yet. one slightly improved performance and you think hes fucking god. now shut up and start eating your pies again fat boy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.