Mario's penalty.

Mario doesn't just score penalties.he scores pressure penalties,last minute against Spurs,the first in the semi finals of the Euros,last minute of a champions league match knowing if he missed we would lose.

Not only does he expect to score,we expect him to score,it is a relief knowing we have a penalty and Mario is on the pitch to take it,had he not been subbed on and Tevez had instead,would we have had the same confidence had Aguero stepped up? I know I wouldn't,yes he probably would score,but I wouldn't be so confident.

Ronaldo rated as one of the best two players in the world,always misses pressure penalties,champions league final for United,semi final against Bayern last year,I remember him missing one in the Euros too,or was it the world cup?.

Mario is the best I have seen at taking penalties,Le Tissier was great,but even if he missed there was rarely much riding on it,Mario misses and we are talking missing out on premier league titles and national finals.

Excellent penalty kick from Balotelli when the pressure was really on , and thankfully it got us the draw ......

probably shouldn't have been awarded though !

black mamba said:
Excellent penalty kick from Balotelli when the pressure was really on , and thankfully it got us the draw ......

noway, it was a hand ball mate

Aguero_Element said:
black mamba said:

imo never a penalty. he couldn't move out the way. he was 2 foot away and his hands were down and by his side.

Never ever a penalty, but at the moment we need that bit of luck. That penalty and that point could be very very important come December...

lol, every professional player that makes that much money should be able to slot a pk home.

HazeM3 said:
lol, every professional player that makes that much money should be able to slot a pk home.

So why do they miss? Money has nothing to do with it,it comes down to bottle,holding your nerve,Mario has nerves of steel,some players can take pens,some can't,the amount of money earned doesn't come into the equation.

HazeM3 said:

All footballers are humans, their abillity shouldnt mean they earn so much money, however that is football. To suggest they should slot a pen home because how much money their on is strange. To suggest that they are pro footballers with great abillity and being only 12 yards out from goal however would be a good argument.

Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:
black mamba said:

imo never a penalty. he couldn't move out the way. he was 2 foot away and his hands were down and by his side.

Never ever a penalty, but at the moment we need that bit of luck. That penalty and that point could be very very important come December...

His hand was not down and by his side, that hand was 30 cm from his body and stopped the ball on it's way to goal. It's penalty though I would like any handball to be penalty like in Spain to stop these discussions and to not give refs possibility to manipulate the outcome.

Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:
black mamba said:

Agreed. No way was it a penalty. The rule is that it has to be intentional handball, and the defender was barely 18 inches away from Kun when the ball was struck.

MSP said:
Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:

His hand was not down and by his side, that hand was 30 cm from his body and stopped the ball on it's way to goal. It's penalty though I would like any handball to be penalty like in Spain to stop these discussions and to not give refs possibility to manipulate the outcome.
So; you'd have given the penalty against Micah in the s/f last season at Anfield then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.