Mario's penalty.

andrewmswift said:
the one that beat hart at the euros was the best pen i've ever seen. hart went the right way, full stretch, and got good distance on his dive. there was literally only one place the ball could go in on that side and mario put it there.
It looked to me like Mario even gestured which way he'd put it!

lpower3 said:
Does anyone have a stat for how many he has scored? Cant remember him missing one for us and the ones i can remember are:
2012-13: Borussia Dortmund
2011-12: Villareal, Sporting Lisbon, Tottenham, Sunderland, Newcastle, LA Galaxy
2010-11: Aston Villa x2

9/9 is pretty fucken impressive i reckon
and for inter milan

sk3ptical said:
lpower3 said:
Does anyone have a stat for how many he has scored? Cant remember him missing one for us and the ones i can remember are:
2012-13: Borussia Dortmund
2011-12: Villareal, Sporting Lisbon, Tottenham, Sunderland, Newcastle, LA Galaxy
2010-11: Aston Villa x2
Had one at newcastle at home

9/9 is pretty fucken impressive i reckon
and for inter milan

According to bbc "Mario Balotelli's penalty was his 11th in official matches - he has converted them all".

prairiemoon said:
andrewmswift said:
the one that beat hart at the euros was the best pen i've ever seen. hart went the right way, full stretch, and got good distance on his dive. there was literally only one place the ball could go in on that side and mario put it there.
It looked to me like Mario even gestured which way he'd put it!
He did. He pointed where he was putting the penalty as he approached. I think he did it to confuse Hart.

WimbledonRd said:
brianisablue said:
WimbledonRd said:
Guys - it is a penalty. What is so amazing about a penalty?

You have 80% chance that you'll score. It doesn't change the fact that we were utter shite all night.

or 100% chance of it going in if you're Mario Balotelli ..............

Are you telling me that Aguero or Tevez or Dzeko or Nasri or Silva would not score 11 out of 11 if given a chance???!!!

These guys are among the best in the world. Most people in this forum would score at least 6 out of 11 for Christ's sake! Don't make a big deal out of nothing. Scoring from penalty is not too difficult and there are literally thousands of players who can do it as well as Balo. No need to celebrate something that everyone can do.

you've not got the hang of this soccerball yet have you...

quiet_riot said:
RVZ Urmston said:
Soft penalty? It was a nailed on pen. If your arm is away from you body and the ball
Is on target, it's a pen, end of

On target? It was a lofted cross if anything!

Soft pen, I'd be gutted if that was given against us, but we've had our share of shit handball decisions go against us recently, so I'm not fussed.

It was a nailed on penalty for me too.

The ref looks whether the arms/hands are in an unnatural position, the proximity of the attacker in relation to the defender plus the speed of the ball. Whether its on target is completely irrelevant. Subotic left his arm 'hanging' for me he didn't even attempt to move them away, like you say it wasn't really hit with any real pace.

WimbledonRd said:
brianisablue said:
WimbledonRd said:
Guys - it is a penalty. What is so amazing about a penalty?

You have 80% chance that you'll score. It doesn't change the fact that we were utter shite all night.

or 100% chance of it going in if you're Mario Balotelli ..............

Are you telling me that Aguero or Tevez or Dzeko or Nasri or Silva would not score 11 out of 11 if given a chance???!!!

These guys are among the best in the world. Most people in this forum would score at least 6 out of 11 for Christ's sake! Don't make a big deal out of nothing. Scoring from penalty is not too difficult and there are literally thousands of players who can do it as well as Balo. No need to celebrate something that everyone can do.

Before or after taking a set off Federer?

Tevez is a terrible penalty taker btw. Balotelli has never missed one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.