Mario's penalty.

Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:
black mamba said:
Excellent penalty kick from Balotelli when the pressure was really on , and thankfully it got us the draw ......

probably shouldn't have been awarded though !
noway, it was a hand ball mate

imo never a penalty. he couldn't move out the way. he was 2 foot away and his hands were down and by his side.

Never ever a penalty, but at the moment we need that bit of luck. That penalty and that point could be very very important come December...

Re-watch it mate, the defender anticipates what Kun is doing and sticks his hands in the air, the ball wasnt even travelling at pace. 'Deliberate' in the eyes of the FA law also means moving your hands out of the way, he left his hands there he never attempted to move them. penalty every day of the week

Subotic's arm down by his side? Bollox. His right hand was a good 2 feet out to the right (nearly at shoulder height) shepparding Aguero (initially with his back to goal) away from the goal - and nowhere near his body. Great defender though Subotic is, he didn't expect the quick spin and shot. A definite penalty any day of the week.

3:12 into the highlisghts
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/manchester-city-1-borussia-dortmund-1-4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ma ... tmund-1-4/</a>

I'm, surprised it was given mind. We never get that sort from an English ref - even though our opponents would always be given them.

As to Mario, he's quite simply one of the best penalty taker there is. A pass come shot that is hit very hard (so fast) with little or no back-lift is so difficult for the goalie to judge. Aa to that the fact that Mario picks a spot runs up, stutters watches the keeper to see which way the keepers going and puts it the other side. If he can't judge exactly what the goalie is going to do he hits it to his first choice spot with slightly more pace about 6 inches in from the post. As a technique there is non better.

jimharri said:
Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:

imo never a penalty. he couldn't move out the way. he was 2 foot away and his hands were down and by his side.

Never ever a penalty, but at the moment we need that bit of luck. That penalty and that point could be very very important come December...
Agreed. No way was it a penalty.
The rule is that it has to be intentional handball,
and the defender was barely 18 inches away from Kun when the ball was struck.

MSP said:
Freestyler said:

His hand was not down and by his side, that hand was 30 cm from his body and stopped the ball on it's way to goal. It's penalty though I would like any handball to be penalty like in Spain to stop these discussions and to not give refs possibility to manipulate the outcome.
So; you'd have given the penalty against Micah in the s/f last season at Anfield then?

Is it though ?

If the ball hits a defenders hand who's stood on the goalline and it flies out, isn't that a penalty?
I always thought it doesn't have to be 'intentional' only. Gaining an advantage or control of the ball after it's come off a hand can still be handball surely?

jimharri said:
Freestyler said:
Aguero_Element said:

Agreed. No way was it a penalty. The rule is that it has to be intentional handball, and the defender was barely 18 inches away from Kun when the ball was struck.

MSP said:
Freestyler said:

His hand was not down and by his side, that hand was 30 cm from his body and stopped the ball on it's way to goal. It's penalty though I would like any handball to be penalty like in Spain to stop these discussions and to not give refs possibility to manipulate the outcome.
So; you'd have given the penalty against Micah in the s/f last season at Anfield then?

I said any so you shouldn't ask :)

Leaving it as it is referees always have an excuse strategy to give it or not, as they bloody wish. 90% of handball penalties referees are giving are not intentional but they still give them as rules give them an option to decide it is or not.
I just like how it is in Spain, I would only cut booking for each handball they have over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.