Mark Clattenberg

BLUEMATT23 said:
oakiecokie said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
That was a 1 off and he had no choice but to send Evans off, the mans a JOKE

So bad a joke, that he felt Yaya and Vinnie should have stayed on the pitch.
Take those blue tinted specs off once in a while.

Go through all the games that he has ref's against us and see how many games he has costs us, it's rather a lot. I'll certainly be sending a letter of complaint. What's the point in attending a game when he's in charge?

A letter of complaint? Its not British Gas

BLUEMATT23 said:
I'll certainly be sending a letter of complaint. What's the point in attending a game when he's in charge?

Let us know how your complaint goes. Be sure to use a few choice words like "disgusted". Frivolous letters of complaint always have to have words like that in them.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
oakiecokie said:

Go through all the games that he has ref's against us and see how many games he has costs us, it's rather a lot. I'll certainly be sending a letter of complaint. What's the point in attending a game when he's in charge?

A letter of complaint? Its not British Gas

Hahhaaaaaaaa.That made me laugh out loud.Well said mate.

-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am --

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
oakiecokie said:

A letter of complaint? Its not British Gas[/quote}

Having laughed out loud Millwall,this is even funnier !!

One thing no one has mentioned yet is now we all know it was a penalty because we saw it several times in super slow mo. It was a penalty, but we only know that because of those replays. When it was live I instantly thought penalty, because I wanted it to be one. The very first replay was a closer shot but still at live pace and from that view it was hard to tell. Only from the front view, the view clatteenberg didn't have, could it be confirmed. The ref has none of those advantages, its over for him as quick as you can even say the word penalty.
A letter of complaint?! Fucking hilarious!

Re: Was there something more sinister happening last night?

Mugatu said:
Oh good, another new "Clattenburg is bent" thread. We've not had one for 4 minutes now.

I agree with you that knee-jerk 'blame the ref, if we lost he must be bent' threads aren't really helpful, but you are somebody who has reffed in the game, so let me ask you this: do you think that Premier League football is compeltely free from corruption?

We know Clattenberg has had financial difficulties. We know he gives odd decisions, we know that there was some very heavy last minute betting on Chelsea last night when, to a man, the press box thought it would be a 3-1 win for us. Suspicious, maybe, but I would agree that to conclude from this alone that Clattenberg was nobbled is not so much getting 2+2 to equal 5 as saying 2+2= 3,527.

But whilst there is no actual evidence of anything more than ineptitude on Clattenberg's part last night, we do know as irrefutable fact that corruption closely linked to bettinghas deeply infected international cricket. Three pakistani cricketers have just been convicted and jailed for precisely that. We know in the past that referees have been bribed - Leeds were cheated in the final of (I think) the Cup Winners Cup in the 70s by a ref who had taken bribes. We know what happened in Italy.

Why is English football immune? Why are English referees immune?

Myself, I have an open mind on the issue. I don't think there is any actual evidence of corruption, but I don't think it is overly cynical to accept that it may take place. Where there's brass, there's muck, and there's a lot of brass in the PL at the moment. But if you are personally convinced that there is no corruption, as a poster who can string together an intelligent sentence I'd be interested to know why.

was there any need for him to be a complete twat when he gave the pen, see the eagerness in him pointing to the spot.. what a gay

Pigeonho said:
One thing no one has mentioned yet is now we all know it was a penalty because we saw it several times in super slow mo. It was a penalty, but we only know that because of those replays. When it was live I instantly thought penalty, because I wanted it to be one. The very first replay was a closer shot but still at live pace and from that view it was hard to tell. Only from the front view, the view clatteenberg didn't have, could it be confirmed. The ref has none of those advantages, its over for him as quick as you can even say the word penalty.
A letter of complaint?! Fucking hilarious!

If you needed a slo mo replay to tell that was a penalty then you need your eyes testing. For a professional referee to not award a penalty when he's three yards away and has a clear view is a joke. He's either bent, shit or bottled it.

Totally agree with Chris from London. in any walk of life, where there is money there are people at it. Football is not immune from corruption and last night proved it. if the ref was consistent in all decisions last night then city would have been 2 up and chelsea would have been down to 10 men after half an hour. everything that happened after this would not have happened if you know what i mean. Decisions change games and they certainly did last night. I don't care what anybody says, Clattenburg knew it was a penalty but chose not to give because he was under instuction. I have read De niros post on this and again i agree with everything he says as well.

FALCONCITY said:
Totally agree with Chris from London. in any walk of life, where there is money there are people at it. Football is not immune from corruption and last night proved it. if the ref was consistent in all decisions last night then city would have been 2 up and chelsea would have been down to 10 men after half an hour. everything that happened after this would not have happened if you know what i mean. Decisions change games and they certainly did last night. I don't care what anybody says, Clattenburg knew it was a penalty but chose not to give because he was under instuction. I have read De niros post on this and again i agree with everything he says as well.

Well if this is true then we might as well just give up now.

Personally I think its ridiculous.

Re: Was there something more sinister happening last night?

Chris in London said:
Mugatu said:
Oh good, another new "Clattenburg is bent" thread. We've not had one for 4 minutes now.

I agree with you that knee-jerk 'blame the ref, if we lost he must be bent' threads aren't really helpful, but you are somebody who has reffed in the game, so let me ask you this: do you think that Premier League football is compeltely free from corruption?

We know Clattenberg has had financial difficulties. We know he gives odd decisions, we know that there was some very heavy last minute betting on Chelsea last night when, to a man, the press box thought it would be a 3-1 win for us. Suspicious, maybe, but I would agree that to conclude from this alone that Clattenberg was nobbled is not so much getting 2+2 to equal 5 as saying 2+2= 3,527.

But whilst there is no actual evidence of anything more than ineptitude on Clattenberg's part last night, we do know as irrefutable fact that corruption closely linked to bettinghas deeply infected international cricket. Three pakistani cricketers have just been convicted and jailed for precisely that. We know in the past that referees have been bribed - Leeds were cheated in the final of (I think) the Cup Winners Cup in the 70s by a ref who had taken bribes. We know what happened in Italy.

Why is English football immune? Why are English referees immune?

Myself, I have an open mind on the issue. I don't think there is any actual evidence of corruption, but I don't think it is overly cynical to accept that it may take place. Where there's brass, there's muck, and there's a lot of brass in the PL at the moment. But if you are personally convinced that there is no corruption, as a poster who can string together an intelligent sentence I'd be interested to know why.

The ref played no part in the shyte marking by Clichy and Yaya throughout the game, and especially on the 1st goal; Clichy couldn't moan about his 2 bookings; Lescott was a fool to challenge with his arms up like he did.
If anyone was bent last night, it's someone at City - it was they who stopped playing after 30 minutes!
As to the Silva pen, from Clattenburg's view, PERHAPS he couldn't be sure there was contact; that's all that is needed to give the defender the benefit of the doubt.
We could have finished with 8 players.
A few on here should take some anti paranoia tablets.
We lost what was, for the neutral, probably a very entertaining game. For Chelsea, they think they've won the league. But we're top and they're still 7 points behind. If we resume normal service on Sunday, it's happy days again, so calm down and take a chill pill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.