Mark Clattenberg

danburge82 said:
I do actually think Clattenberg is a poor ref but at the game i actually thought Mario dived for both penalty decisions, it was only on MOTD that i saw the replays and saw they could both have been given. Clattenberg had no replays.

He also ref'd the rest of the game fairly well. There were two bad tackles in the game; one for each team, and he just had a word with the player both times. He brought one player from either team over to him during the game for repeated fouling and didn't book either. That's all fine by me. It's a contect sport played by men this football, it's not a fucking tickling competition like Arsenal fans (and recently some City fans) think it has become.

It was one of the best Clattenberg performances i've seen.
But unlike you, he was closer and is paid to get them right. FWIW, I thought they were both penalties.

Moral, I am a betterr ref than either of you.

Ps, he also missed the Silva one at Chelsea but deemed Lescotts handball "deliberate" without the aid of a replay.

Pps, best performances you've seen? Now I know you're pulling people's legs.

danburge82 said:
I do actually think Clattenberg is a poor ref but at the game i actually thought Mario dived for both penalty decisions, it was only on MOTD that i saw the replays and saw they could both have been given. Clattenberg had no replays.

I though exactly the same. But I was sat tin the third tier. Clattenburg was a few yards away and shoud have seen them as penalties. My son was sat next next to me and he commented all match about Bolotelli being continually held by Boltons defenders. If a twelve year old can spot it from 100 yards then a premier league ref should spot it form 10 yards.

Conclusion. Two penalties missed by Clattenburg because of his incompetence.

danburge82 said:

He also ref'd the rest of the game fairly well. There were two bad tackles in the game; one for each team, and he just had a word with the player both times. He brought one player from either team over to him during the game for repeated fouling and didn't book either. That's all fine by me. It's a contect sport played by men this football, it's not a fucking tickling competition like Arsenal fans (and recently some City fans) think it has become.

Yep I agree...

Thing is how would he of refereed decisions wise at the swamp? Regarding those 2 possible penalties on Mario? If it was Rooney being man handled like that?

waspish said:
danburge82 said:

Yep I agree...

Thing is how would he of refereed decisions wise at the swamp? Regarding those 2 possible penalties on Mario? If it was Rooney being man handled like that?
spot flippin on, their is something very sinister about clattenburg.

I've always agreed with Brian Clough about Match officials.

Their job is extremely difficult and important and they deserve all the support they can get.

The 4th official should be wired up with a live link to the referee to report anything he sees especially when a game changing decision has to be made.

I also like the idea of having teams of 4 who rotate their responsibilities and stay together for a whole season.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAZsoF-ghw[/youtube]

Don't think he had a good derby, we should have had 2 outright penalties & anderson sent off.
Yellow for Mario's shirt celebration? Tosser!

Clattenberg kept getting in the way during our build up play:

Anyone who's got access to the full match check out how many times he runs the wrong diagonal when we are attacking down the right. He kept running over towards the right wing when Kolo, AJ Nasri or Dzeko had it. Then when they decided not to try to get round the full back they passed it back to one of the others who passed it inside to Barry. As the ball came to Barry guess who was stood in the way so Barry couldn't see the ball coming towards him. The ball narrowly missed him each time. This happened at least 3 times, then I noticed him getting in the way on the left later on. He was regularly stood in a position where we have a midfielder behind the attack to switch play, it was so annoying that it appeared that he was in the way on purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.