Mark Clattenburg

Cheers, still interested in the other question though mate.
There isn't really it is a question of how long it takes for a person to progress through the levels to get to the correct ability and standard to referee at the Premier League

He wasn't going to give anything until the two Spurs players appealed. He then gave this look that knew it would infuriate the home fans and make him the talking point then pointed to the spot.

If you add the two clear offside goals in the away fixture iffy isn't the word!

Tbh it seems anyone who doesn't believe that the referees are instructed to stop manchester city are rounded upon
You do realise every topflight clubs fans forum has a thread that the world's out to get them, even the fuckin Rags think they are hard done by

It is amazing though that a £10 billion product and the most watched sport in the world has only two purposes, to stop us and keep the Rags at the top, they are certainly doing well at that aren't they?

That's because rags ARE deluded and believe that football owes them success. I would argue that considering the absolutely morose form of the rags that the fact they are even fifth is pretty much a miracle. Conversely it's widely stated by most pundits that we have the strongest squad and yet we are currently clinging onto the title race and looking over our shoulders for top four.

Let's look at the evidence (although I'm sure this is not exhaustive as working from memory) this season we have conceded a goal as a direct to result of someone being at least 3 yards offside. These are the top, top officials in the country don't forget - A 10 year old just starting out in refereeing could have called that decision correctly but seemingly not our top officials.

We have had 'strong' penalty claims denied against

Swansea h - Sterling actually got booked
Leicester a Aguero
Everton h Sterling
Leicester h twice Zaba & Fernandinho
Arsenal a Aguero
Everton a C1 cup Navas
Blatant foul in the lead up to Liverpool's first goal in the league
Ditto in Everton's first goal in the C1 Cup

And then to top it off, a penalty awarded against us for a handball, that wasn't a handball, couldn't have been deliberate even if it was, as he turned his back on the cross, and the ref couldn't even have seen it clearly anyway. But he still deems it a penalty. Yet again even an amateur referee could have called it correctly. In fact there wasn't even a decision to take.

Add into the mix the continually high foul counts against us and corresponding lack of fouls for us and you start to get an idea that thingss aren't as they should be.

Just how many outrageous decisions would we have to get given against us for you to actually believe that there is something 'not quite right'

To be honest I don't even need to know the reasons 'why' it's happening to work out that something is not as it should be, although I can have a very educated guess.

Sure, every team (bar the rags) get these dodgy decisions from time to time due to the nature of the game and 'human error' but the number we are getting is beyond any law of averages.

Last edited:
There isn't really it is a question of how long it takes for a person to progress through the levels to get to the correct ability and standard to referee at the Premier League

I would tend to agree with that statement based upon the shit referees who seem to come to City - most of them lack both ability and standards.

He's an A grade, and all those in the "ref for Spurs thread" who were trumpeting him as the best.
Fucking hell, good job we didn't get anyone worse ;-)

That's because rags ARE deluded and believe that football owes them success. I would argue that considering the absolutely morose form of the rags that the fact they are even fifth is pretty much a miracle. Conversely it's widely stated by most pundits that we have the strongest squad and yet we are currently clinging onto the title race and looking over our shoulders for top four.

Let's look at the evidence (although I'm sure this is not exhaustive as working from memory) this season we have conceded a goal as a direct to result of someone being at least 3 yards offside. These are the top, top officials in the country don't forget - A 10 year old just starting out in refereeing could have called that decision correctly but seemingly not our top officials.

We have had 'strong' penalty claims denied against

Swansea h - Sterling actually got booked
Leicester a Aguero
Everton h Sterling
Leicester h twice Zaba & Fernandinho
Arsenal a Aguero
Everton a C1 cup Navas
Blatant foul in the lead up to Liverpool's first goal in the league
Ditto in Everton's first goal in the C1 Cup

And then to top it off, a penalty awarded against us for a handball, that wasn't a handball, couldn't have been deliberate even if it was, as he turned his back on the cross, and the ref couldn't even have seen it clearly anyway. But he still deems it a penalty. Yet again even an amateur referee could have called it correctly. In fact there wasn't even a decision to take.

Add into the mix the continually high foul counts against us and corresponding lack of fouls for us and you start to get an idea that thingss aren't as they should be.

Just how many outrageous decisions would we have to get given against us for you to actually believe that there is something 'not quite right'

To be honest I don't even need to know the reasons 'why' it's happening to work out that something is not as it should be, although I can have a very educated guess.

Sure, every team (bar the rags) get these dodgy decisions from time to time due to the nature of the game and 'human error' but the number we are getting is beyond any law of averages.
Bang on ,people forget that when we won it in 2012 we had some terrible decisions against us but we were too good in the end. It's been going on ever since, we are despised by many people in powerful positions, why ? Take your pick, for my money it's because our owners are Arabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.