Mark E Smith

As long as The Fall live on then so will MES.

What a massive character. He rewrote the dictionary definition of not giving a fuck.

The Fall. The only institution I've ever placed above MCFC. Should tell you everything. He and his music meant the world to me. Met so many great people thanks to him, and the fansites devoted to his warped genius. RIP.

seems I spent all my life listening to and obsessing over The Fall - used to even hang round pubs in Prestwich in my youth in the hope we would bump into MES!!!

seen them 20+ times from the late 70's up to 2016's gig at Manchester Cathedral , every gig was special

RIP

RIP Mark. Big blue too in his time.
Great article here in Four Four Two about him and football:
http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/100-Fan-culture/3751-call-yourself-a-football-fan--mark-e-smith
First saw the Fall at Jackson Lane High School in March/April 1978.seen them 7 times since.
We need to do a chant in memory of him to the tune of Sparta FC #2. Something like...
"We have to pay for everything,
But some things are for free.
We live for Pep, we're... MC FC!...
Enjoy your football lesson,
As we rip your team to shreds.
We're not Galatasaray, we're MC FC!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.