Mark Halsey

Halsey is one of the few refs who are not up their own arse. I think he brings more common sense to the game than most but I think he decided before he came and had it confirmed after a quarter hour that this was going to be good, clean, and fair match and so he didn't need the cards. At one point I thought he had left them in the changing room. It goes to show that refs do vary the application of the laws and this can only be a bad thing 'cos the trip on Carlos was the last man and he should have been sent off. He will be sent off on Saturday if he does that in the Championship. Compare that to Crappenberg's 'Boyata' moment. And their penalty - one of the most blatant dives since Berbatov t'other day. Called it a dive when it happened (mind, I call every tumble a dive,) but on the highlights he was a good yard past Paddy, on his two feet, and decided there has been sufficient contact for him to do his forward roll, knowing he was well inside the penalty area. This, I think, was at the bottom of the handbags in the second half and Vieira took exception to another attempt to con the ref. Dyer had been doing it all night - running at players, looking for a bit of contact and going down. Championship sides are as good as Premier side if they have a free kick within sniffing distance of the penalty area. Big, solid players who can bullet the ball goalwards.

You could just tell he ALTERED the rules because he thought Tevez would put us 4-1 up, and then we'd go onto more etc etc, tie over. So on the spur of the moment he felt sorry for them and didn't send the guy off.

I bet he felt a right **** when it was 3-2. He certainly was, and I hope he's learnt a lesson, even with all his experience.

Any chance we can merge please mods?
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204813</a>

I to think he is one of the better refs, but thought he was poor last night.

The Leicester player should have been sent off, all we fans and players want from referees is consistency and according to the instructions Halsey received from his bosses pre-season the player was the last man and denied a clear goal scoring opportunity - hense Red Card.

By the way did you hear the dick-head commentator saying that he wasn't the last man as Tevez still had to beat their keeper, how do these tits get their jobs?

Maybe he could have sent him off, but Tevez had cut back so wasn't actually running through on 'goal'. He was the last man though, so maybe he should have seen red.

As i haven't seen any replays yet, i can only base what i saw at the game, and to me he has been one of the better ref's at City this season.

I was very impressed with the way he talked to players and calmed situations down.

He was fucking shite...didnt do his job properly... he's there to enforce the rules not to bend them at a whim.. player should have walked after fouling Tevez for penalty..

samharris said:
He was fucking shite...didnt do his job properly... he's there to enforce the rules not to bend them at a whim.. player should have walked after fouling Tevez for penalty..
Here here - complete and utter shite, and Gillingham was a long time ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.