Mark Halsey

samharris said:
blueskies2 said:
stuck up his arse? ffs

You mean showing some fkin respect for a man who :

1. Helped get us out of Division 3
2. battled cancer

Short memories and we didn't lose did we?

Typical City mentality is still strong on here it seems.

And im sorry but what has battling cancer got to do with getting decisions wrong ??..

Im not questioning him as a person ffs..but as a fully paid up proffessional ref.

I agree he was appalling last night! I was at city gillingham game what did do apart from adding 5 mins at the end! He should of added 7 mins the time waisting they did that day plus subs and goals! The scum get treated like this in every game they are behind in!

a good ref who had a pretty good game apart from not sending off the leicester defender for the foul on tevez, he was last man and denied a goalscoring opportunity, plain and simple.
he reffed the little altercations in the game well but the penalty issue was his one fault.

blueskies2 said:
samharris said:
To all those stuck up Mark Halseys arse..how would you feel had we lost ??

all im saying is that refs should implement the rules of the game wether its for us or against us...

we all ranted on here when vidic didnt walk in the final v villa last year due to being the last man...yet when its us we are supposed to accept it. ??

stuck up his arse? ffs

2. battled cancer

This does not change the fact that he should have sent their player off. I am sure he would have had it been a more tight score line at the time. I bet he had a big sigh of relief when our 4th goal went in...

Apart from that he managed to let the game flow quite a lot. He fell for their diving quite a bit but their penalty was a clear penalty. Vieira blatantly stuck his leg out to trip him up, you cannot dispute that.

Breadsnapper said:
Swings and roundabouts, he got a couple of things wrong but I though he was one of the better refs. If you want to play by the letter of the law then Tevez should have gone for raising his hand. He has only sent off 1 player in 17 games. This would suggest he uses his common sense.

Sorry? Letter of the law? Tevez pushed the Leicester player's hand away who had his finger pointing in his face? Do you get sent off for that by the letter of the law?

SamTheGuru said:
Breadsnapper said:
Swings and roundabouts, he got a couple of things wrong but I though he was one of the better refs. If you want to play by the letter of the law then Tevez should have gone for raising his hand. He has only sent off 1 player in 17 games. This would suggest he uses his common sense.

Sorry? Letter of the law? Tevez pushed the Leicester player's hand away who had his finger pointing in his face? Do you get sent off for that by the letter of the law?

No

SamTheGuru said:
blueskies2 said:
stuck up his arse? ffs

2. battled cancer

This does not change the fact that he should have sent their player off. I am sure he would have had it been a more tight score line at the time. I bet he had a big sigh of relief when our 4th goal went in...

Apart from that he managed to let the game flow quite a lot. He fell for their diving quite a bit but their penalty was a clear penalty. Vieira blatantly stuck his leg out to trip him up, you cannot dispute that.
Your post hits it bang on the money, especially the sending off part. If it was a league match I believe he would have gone, but I think a bit of pity was in Mr Halsey's head there. Also, if the challenge was more brutal, rather than accidental, he would have gone for sure. The law is the law, yes, but sometimes common sense has to come into the fray. I don't agree with all this, 'he did us a favour' v the Gillingham game though, he did his job, pure and simple. We normally slag refs off for being (allegedly) favourable to United, but its ok it seems if they are favourable to us, infact one poster used the word 'legend'. How fickle football fans are and whilst i'm on my horse i'm going to say how sickly the Savage love in is too. If it was Taggart sat there and Savage was rubbing legs with him, saying 'they'll win the league with this man in charge', most on here would have died of a heart attack by now, again though its ok to be an arse licker if its to our manager - fickle. Savage was a **** of a player but seems an ok pundit and all round laugh, but in my eyes an arse licker is an arse licker, full stop.

cant believe people are slating Halsey for last night. one decision he should have made and he's had a poor game. i'd take that refereeing performance over any Prem fixture performance i've seen this year. some people just need to whinge about anything and everything

Because of the attitude and interpretation of the rules by other refs, and because of what the rule book days, I feel a little aggrieved that their lad didn't get a red for the Tevez penalty. Clear as day that.

Also, I think Dyer dived for their penalty (certainly made the most of it), compounded by the fact that he did it again in the second half. Now, I don't like to see players unnecessarily booked or sent off, as we so often see, but cheating should be punished. Dyer cheated so should have been booked, if not the first time then certainly on the second occasion.

I appreciate Halsey's efforts to keep the game flowing and use common sense, but coming out of that with VK getting the only booking is a trifle frustrating. If we'd lost I bet most of us would be fuming tbh. Really, almost any other ref and you'd have been looking at a couple of reds and 7/8 yellows last night, but it really wasn't such a dirty game - a few mistimed challenges certainly, a little bit of dishonesty by Dyer too in my book, but not a dirty game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.