Mark Hughes as manager

Having Wigan closet reds singing "shitty City" in our faces in the services on the way back until blues have to sort the cunts out. Loads of Wigan (closet reds) tried full on piss taking that day to their demise.

Wigan can fuck off FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR
You’re hard

Out of his depth at City once the new owners came in

Never a manager to run a truly ambitious club

I never knew this to be the case. Hughes was just very unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was against his sacking at the time and felt he was treated appallingly by the club and a large contingent of our fans. However, that sacking turned out to be the best decision. He was never going to be the right man for the job, and our success since alongside his career decline shows it was the right call, and how far out of his depth he was managing a top half or even Premier League club.
In fairness I don’t think he was out of his depth at Stoke, they did well for what they were at the time.

Was probably a mid table slot in at his peak

The club were ambitious. They wanted a winner. Mark Hughes was probably a good manager, but was not big and ugly enough for what we needed at the time. Mancini was a proven winner at all levels and had some serious attitude to boot. History speaks for itself.

When Hughes insisted on signing Roque Santa Cruz I knew Hughes was not right for us. RSC was seriously injury prone and Hughes no doubt had an emotional attachment to him from Blackburn Rovers. Really bad business.

Also, City's form in his last 11 games at City was poor. Leaky defence and too many draws. Mancini came in and straight away got some discipline at the back.

I feel Hughes was always going to struggle at City because of his strong links to MUFC.
City fans forget that he played for other teams e.g. Chelsea and Barcelona.
However, he transformed the Wales national team into a professional, competitive side. Later managers, especially Gary Speed, built on this strong foundation.
His signings of Vinnie, Zabba & Mad Nige should be appreciated more...
Just a shame his actual results were shit which is what any manager should be judged on. There wasn't a team around too poor that we couldn't draw with and concede goals to.

A very bitter,small minded welsh rag, so not much going for him !!

He’s found his true level at Bradford and a way to pay all his mortgages and bills.

Did get us to our first cup semi final since 1981 (and did beat utd in the first leg) but for the most part couldn't get the absolute best out of the players he did sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.