Mark Hughes as manager

Under Mancini the 2nd leg in one of his first games in charge not Hughes... I always felt if Mancini was hired a little later after that game we'd have beat the rags in the 2nd leg.

Not because Hughes was a great manager far from from it Mancini was an instant upgrade, the problem was Mancini picked Boyata on a whim in that 2nd leg based on seeing him in a single training session, not for one moment had Boyata played at right back for the youth team, Mancini saw him in training and wrongly decided to put him in like a deer in the headlights.

Boyata was for me the main reason we lost that Semi Final 2nd leg against the rags so easily got at, Micah and Zab were injured some might say but we had Kieran Trippier available and Trippier being a boyhood blue was champing at the bit, he would've been up for it against the rags he had a knack of having top games against them in the youths, Mancini bizarrely kept overlooking him in his first month in favour of one of someone he liked from training.

Boyata was terrible it's still bizarre that he got game time for us, along with Abdi Ibrahim and Abdul Razak later on too, anyone who regularly watched the youths back then can't tell me the latter two weren't in the top 5 worst youths at our club. That League cup 2nd leg totally miffed me I've no idea how Boyata the 4 choice youth centre back and 3rd choice DM in the youths, instantly broke in at right back ahead of both Trippier (despite never appearing for the academy there) or ahead of Ben Mee too when he played centrally.

Both were streets ahead back then and still are Boyata has actually done well for himself since, at City though others were clearly better he was never at any point good enough while here, despite some fans strangely liking him he was a total liability and never looked like be becoming a top player.

Agreed, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Boyata was awesome in the first leg though, unbelievable performance from a kid. And to be fair to Mancini, his job is to pick players on what he sees in front of him on the training ground.

Shame with Trippier as he's gone on to be a really good pro at the top level. One point though, I swear him and his family are United.

It is odd that Hughes and Pearce get all the stick whilst Ball gets off relatively lightly.
That is weird for me. Ball, Clark, Benson, Kendall (for running back to the wife), McNeill (for pissing off to Villa mid season), Pearce (for that season), Allison's second coming; all of them could say "hold my beer" when discussing worst ever City managers.

Mate some of us just hate everything about them - only reason you need is being a die hard blue - the ex rag players just about got tolerated but having one as manager is totally unacceptable
The ex rags weren’t just tolerated, they were taken to straight off by the fans. Terry Cooke helped transform the Div 2 season and it was a privilege to watch Carlos.
Think there are 2 key factors
1. Did they leave the swamp on bad terms?
2. Did they help us win?

Under Mancini the 2nd leg in one of his first games in charge not Hughes... I always felt if Mancini was hired a little later after that game we'd have beat the rags in the 2nd leg.

Not because Hughes was a great manager far from from it Mancini was an instant upgrade, the problem was Mancini picked Boyata on a whim in that 2nd leg based on seeing him in a single training session, not for one moment had Boyata played at right back for the youth team, Mancini saw him in training and wrongly decided to put him in like a deer in the headlights.

Boyata was for me the main reason we lost that Semi Final 2nd leg against the rags so easily got at, Micah and Zab were injured some might say but we had Kieran Trippier available and Trippier being a boyhood blue was champing at the bit, he would've been up for it against the rags he had a knack of having top games against them in the youths, Mancini bizarrely kept overlooking him in his first month in favour of one of someone he liked from training.

Boyata was terrible it's still bizarre that he got game time for us, along with Abdi Ibrahim and Abdul Razak later on too, anyone who regularly watched the youths back then can't tell me the latter two weren't in the top 5 worst youths at our club. That League cup 2nd leg totally miffed me I've no idea how Boyata the 4 choice youth centre back and 3rd choice DM in the youths, instantly broke in at right back ahead of both Trippier (despite never appearing for the academy there) or ahead of Ben Mee too when he played centrally.

Both were streets ahead back then and still are Boyata has actually done well for himself since, at City though others were clearly better he was never at any point good enough while here, despite some fans strangely liking him he was a total liability and never looked like be becoming a top player.
I don't think the young lad were ready, Mee played the year after against WBA and looked out of sorts like the rest of the defence.

Mancini's dislike of Nedum, who used to perform well against them, didn't help. The appeal for Ferdinand to play in that game cost him an extra game ban, and the points dropped in that game cost them the league title. Ferguson sacrificing a league title to stop City winning the League Cup.

That is weird for me. Ball, Clark, Benson, Kendall (for running back to the wife), McNeill (for pissing off to Villa mid season), Pearce (for that season), Allison's second coming; all of them could say "hold my beer" when discussing worst ever City managers.

Guess we were all beaten down by the abject shite managers witnessed that Ball was just beyond belief.

City fans dark humour came to the fore with Alan " do you know who I am " Ball - the World Cup Winner.

I gave my season tickets up in protest against Thaksin taking over.
Pity you renewed, as someone else has mentioned 'No Thaksin No Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan' as these two Guys are best mates...
But as we all know, you're obsessed with politics.

Reactions: PPT

oh how times change you red cunts

Hughes goal was actually good the only blot on a top day but the best...?

ezgif.com-resize (5).gif

Andy Hinchcliffe's bullet header was absolutely world class, people only clamoured over Hughes goal in media because is was a bicycle kick and rag media needed something... Hinchcliffe defo scored the best goal that day it was completely unstoppable, it came with great buildup from Bishop's pass and a beautiful cross from White too before the unstoppable header.

Regardless of who was bought at the time, he couldn't manage them, thus my comment about him being a shit manager. I gave him somewhere in the region of 5-6 games and could see then there was no management of tactics.

Those lads worked it out on the pitch, mainly.
Fuckin hell I got an underlining what you gonna do when i tell you, I think you mean he was a shit coach, break out the ALL CAPPS?

p.s

I'm fucking with you pal ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.