Mark Hughes - 'I Deserve More Credit'

Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluebeer said:
in fairness, tottenham have spent well over 100m in the last two seasons and have just been fighting off relegation......it prove that you cant just throw money at a team....a lot of people on here are turning a blind eye to that fact, and they are at the same point we are after ONE season.... and some people are still saying hughes should have us solidified in europe by now....one season damn it!

tottenham went for a top class manager in ramos on a huge wage.....that back fired, they spent millions on players like dos santos and many more who now play in the reserves, theve spent millions and are a mid table team....but their fans arnt on the teams back like ours.

imo the squad hughes took over wasnt very strong, and what happened last season for me was a one off flukey season that happen very every so often, on par with ipswich town the year they finished in europe,.....then relegated the next year, also think hull in the first half of this season.

the squad was weak hence the fact only one/two of erikksons signings still play, and the others (richards, dunne, onouha, ireland) have been at the club for a long time.

some people are just too fuckin impatient.

During the time you're talking since Ramos took over at Spurs they have sold 3 of their best players during that time for big fee's whereas the same thing can't be said for us

yeah...but their manager was stupid enough to let these players go without bringing in quality too boot, i doubt hughes would be stupid enough to do that. and they also bought a lot of expensive shite as well, it was a case of buying for the sake of buying. (bentely is an obvious example)

but even so, ramos was a uefa cup winner with pedigree, and was fighting off relegation, im just saying its not always rosy on the other side.....were showing signs of gelling and performances are coming through....why jepordise it because were being greedy and wanting the 'big named managers' so soon.

Bluebeer said:
yeah...but their manager was stupid enough to let these players go without bringing in quality too boot, i doubt hughes would be stupid enough to do that. and they also bought a lot of expensive shite as well, it was a case of buying for the sake of buying. (bentely is an obvious example)

but even so, ramos was a uefa cup winner with pedigree, and was fighting off relegation, im just saying its not always rosy on the other side.....were showing signs of gelling and performances are coming through....why jepordise it because were being greedy and wanting the 'big named managers' so soon.

ramos wasnt in charge of the transfers, that was commoli (?), ramos said, i need an RM, commoli brough bentley. and dont tell me that ramos thought, ok, cool, i'll sell my two best players, let's leave it to the end of the window so I cant get anyone else in. that's why he had the 'bothered?' look on his face when he left.

bizzbo said:
Bluebeer said:

ramos wasnt in charge of the transfers, that was commoli (?), ramos said, i need an RM, commoli brough bentley. and dont tell me that ramos thought, ok, cool, i'll sell my two best players, let's leave it to the end of the window so I cant get anyone else in. that's why he had the 'bothered?' look on his face when he left.

there u go then, shows how reckless clubs can be with money, they have pretty much blown a huge ammont of money to get 9th after 4years, everyone questions the 'foundations' hughes keeps going on about....building for the future etc....id imagine tottenham is a prime example of what not to do, spending for the sake of spending, bringing in directors of football, upsetting the current structre of a club time and time again through impatience, Jol had a bad start so hes out, ramos in for and even worse period. transfers left right and center with no settled team etc.

it just highlights the pit fall that can happen with a large amount of money and a lack of stability.

Bluebeer said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluebeer said:
in fairness, tottenham have spent well over 100m in the last two seasons and have just been fighting off relegation......it prove that you cant just throw money at a team....a lot of people on here are turning a blind eye to that fact, and they are at the same point we are after ONE season.... and some people are still saying hughes should have us solidified in europe by now....one season damn it!

tottenham went for a top class manager in ramos on a huge wage.....that back fired, they spent millions on players like dos santos and many more who now play in the reserves, theve spent millions and are a mid table team....but their fans arnt on the teams back like ours.

imo the squad hughes took over wasnt very strong, and what happened last season for me was a one off flukey season that happen very every so often, on par with ipswich town the year they finished in europe,.....then relegated the next year, also think hull in the first half of this season.

the squad was weak hence the fact only one/two of erikksons signings still play, and the others (richards, dunne, onouha, ireland) have been at the club for a long time.

During the time you're talking since Ramos took over at Spurs they have sold 3 of their best players during that time for big fee's whereas the same thing can't be said for us

Don't really think the manager had much of a say in it as Berbatov and Keane both expressed their desire to leave and the money was obviously too good to turn down seeing as Spurs don't have the financial backing that we have where we don't have to sell players for big money just to finance other big money moves. Seriously how many strikers do you think would move to Spurs that would replace Berbatov, Keane and Defoe? It wasn't a case of the manager not bringing in quality to boot i believe it was a case of them not having the money or pulling power to bring in strikers as good as Berbatov and Keane (Note how much of an impace Keane has had since he came back)

We've been fine at home i've no worries about that but away from home bar the odd game the performances have been unacceptable considering the amount of quality in our squad. I'm not being greedy by wanting a 'big' name manager (Although rather than call them 'big' name i'd call them managers who have been there and done it) i just want us to make the most of this oppurtunity and get the best manager possible seeing as were in a unique position as a football club in terms of how much money we have to spend. If ADUG can't get a manager who they think's a big improvement on Mark Hughes then stick with him but if the oppurtunity comes along for us to get a manager who's been there and done it in terms of managing clubs at a level where we want to be then we've got to take it IMO

Bluebeer said:
bizzbo said:
Bluebeer said:

there u go then, shows how reckless clubs can be with money, they have pretty much blown a huge ammont of money to get 9th after 4years, everyone questions the 'foundations' hughes keeps going on about....building for the future etc....id imagine tottenham is a prime example of what not to do, spending for the sake of spending, bringing in directors of football, upsetting the current structre of a club time and time again through impatience, Jol had a bad start so hes out, ramos in for and even worse period. transfers left right and center with no settled team etc.

it just highlights the pit fall that can happen with a large amount of money and a lack of stability.

there you go nothing LOL

spurs didnt get it right, i dont see how that shows that we are

if anything it highlights catflapp's achievements.... got rid of the old structure, revitalised the playing staff, sorted out the squad. in a couple of months.

but of course it couldn't happen like that here, just because several other managers have achieved the same thing over the last year, doesnt mean we should expect hughes to do it.

if only he'd bloody well not gone on about it all year, it wouldnt be the issue that it is now.

We know it , and I suspect you're starting to realise Hughes, that you are WAY out of your depth.
We are 10th DESPITE you, not because of you.
We have lost more games than Newcastle for crying out loud.
You play players out of position, you played Kompany in a pointless game at Arsenal, when we had Hamburg away a few days later, when his toe was so bad he had to have the front of his boot cut off, and he picked up and injury, missed the game and we got over run and left with too much to do at home, in a UEFA Cup we could have won.
You wasted money on Bellamy who has a worse injury record than Evel Kineval, your team regularly gets bullied out of away game (Stoke, Pompey, WBA etc)
We got dumped out of the two cup by BRIGHTON and FOREST. Neither of them were lucky either, against Forest we were lucky it wasn't more than 3.
I can't even say your a nice bloke, you have bought in a regime where you don't let the players sign kids autographs on the way to the team bus. If you were an arrogant Successful Bastard that would be one thing, like Bacon Face,(Their biggest worry is running out of silver polish) .
But you're an arrogant unsuccessful bastard.
Enjoy your pay off

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I'm getting fed up with Hughes and his team running to the press about how great they are, how crap Sven's team are, how superb their training methods are etc etc etc. Hughes is talking the talking but he isn't walking the walk.

Amen to this!

Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluebeer said:

WE didnt have any to sell.

bluealf said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluebeer said:

WE didnt have any to sell.

I know that but doesn't really matter in terms of what i was getting at

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.