Mark Hughes

The only time I have actually agreed with Joey Barton, after he criticised Hughes and some of his buys.

What disgusted me yesterday, as it did JB, was the attitude of players like Bosingwa walking down the tunnel smiling. Absolutely disgraceful.

Mind you Redknapp was also smiling so maybe they don't think it is such a bad thing to be relegated!! Their fans must be steaming mad.

I cannot imagine that Nedum would be smiling. It is players like him I feel sorry for in this situation.

Despite ther class on May 13th I'm not sorry to see QPR walk. Two bubbles pricked at the same time: Hughes and 'Arry. Or should that be two pricks bubbled?

Redknapp is moaning about a bloated, overpaid squad. True but he still had plenty of time to save them.

Feel sorry for the QPR fans in the main. However, apart from West Ham, I'm never fussed when a southern team goes down. Having too many southern teams severely limits my number of away days, hence, for purely selfish reasons, I want Wigan to stay up and Bolton to get promoted.

Skashion said:
MaineRoadM14 said:
Yea, cause he only had a paltry 7 months and a huge £20m+ January spending spree to turn it round, the poor thing, right? Please.
Hughes had more time and more money, so deserves more of the blame. Redknapp must have his fair share though.
Yea, he had more time last season, a season in which he kept them up (and with an inferior squad than Harry's had to work with this season). He was their manager for less than 3 months of this one and Harry was in charge for the entire rest of the time. I believe they were 4 points from safety when he took over and in 6 months you're telling me Harry was just completely, helplessly handcuffed from the word 'go' and there was just noooo way he could do anything to reverse the damage of big bad Hughes? Please.

MaineRoadM14 said:
Yea, he had more time last season, a season in which he kept them up (and with an inferior squad than Harry's had to work with this season). He was their manager for less than 3 months of this one and Harry was in charge for the entire rest of the time. I believe they were 4 points from safety when he took over and in 6 months you're telling me Harry was just completely, helplessly handcuffed from the word 'go' and there was just noooo way he could do anything to reverse the damage of big bad Hughes? Please.
Hughes took over a squad that was 17th, spent quite a bit of money and took them to 20th... Why is Hughes not getting most of the blame again? Hughes managed just 0.33 points per game this season. Redknapp was quite a bit better at 0.91 points per game. Yes, he should have done better, and I expected him to do better, he deserves a decent share of the blame, but Hughes deserves the majority of it.

Skashion said:
MaineRoadM14 said:
Hughes took over a squad that was 17th, spent quite a bit of money and took them to 20th... Why is Hughes not getting most of the blame again? Hughes managed just 0.33 points per game this season. Redknapp was quite a bit better at 0.91 points per game. Yes, he should have done better, and I expected him to do better, he deserves a decent share of the blame, but Hughes deserves the majority of it.
For their overall mess, maybe. But for their relegation this season, the blame falls almost entirely on the man who had over 6 months to get them over the finish line this season, at which point they could have regrouped and tried to start getting a little structure and order in that shambolic place. But he's failed spectacularly, and they'll now be lucky to avoid a complete financial crisis and a long-term stay in the Championship.

MaineRoadM14 said:
Mark Hughes, the only reason they were still in the Premier League this year to begin with? I'm not trying to talk him up or anything, but was it not his managing wins over the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc. in the final stretch of last season that kept them up?

Harry should get the bulk of the blame for this one considering he's been there since November and spent a fortune in January on players most clubs around them in the table could only dream of but he won't as I'm sure his buddies in the media will be spinning it like never before. How many relegations and how many bankruptcies is it for the old boy now? Along with his whopping 1 trophy in 30 years of management (having to bankrupt and nearly put the club he won it with out existence to get there).

One of the most overrated managers currently in the game.

He could run rampage down Whitehall with an AK47, but because he's an East End lad, there will be a hundred thousand mitigating reasons emanating from the RagMeedya!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.