Mark Ward

Blue Streak

Crucial signing I feel and one very underated by City fans purely on the basis he replaced Kippax Darling Ian Bishop. He was one of the few genuine City players at that time with any influx of skill and got a very hardtime off the crowd.

Industrious, inventive little player with a mean shot on him. I for one was sorry to see him leave. I know he's had his problems away from football but I thought him a cracking little player.

Banned Tosspot said:
He was fuckin' shite. Only Heath being worse saved him.

He was far from being 'fuckin shite'. And some of his goals in the run in of the 89/90 season helped keep us up - Villa away, Millwall away. Agreed Heath was a poor player though.

Wow, BL, you're busy tonight, starting threads about Steve Coppell, Billy McNeill, Peter Swales, Mark Ward...you writing a book about City enigmas or summat? ;-)

Phuk Tifano said:
Wow, BL, you're busy tonight, starting threads about Steve Coppell, Billy McNeill, Peter Swales, Mark Ward...you writing a book about City enigmas or summat? ;-)

T'other ones were last night mate. ;)

To be blunt I find it far more interesting guaging other peoples opinions on certain things than talking about the takeoever at Anfield and Mark Hughes press conference.

I liked Mark Ward, he seemed to have the best penalty technique in the world of putting it in off the inside of the post so the keeper had no chance, though you were always convinced it was going to bounce back out.

I think he suffered with the Kendall witch hunt after he walked out, like Heath (although he was truly useless, apart from that QPR away game)

And if you didnt rate Mark Ward, remember we replaced him with Mark Brennan.............

decent enough player, he maybe was not given a chance by some city fans as they felt as you have stated that he replaced bishop, but the reason bishop left was due to him feeling kendal did not fancy him as a player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.